[Phantom 4] Firmware update and change of SD

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I just want to start the update of firmware for drone and remote control.

As you know the phantom 4 comes with a standard micro sd card.

Now the question is:
If I update the drone and remote control and next week I change my sd card with a larger one, should I require to do the update again or nothing change?

In other words: does the sd card is only used for store video? The firmware update is inside the drone?

Thank you for your kind reply.

My understanding is the firmware is stored in the drone and not the sd card. I change sd cards all the time and I am not required to update the firmware each time.

Firmware is in the P4....you can use any card with no worries.
Hi, my controller for my p4 after holding the "hat" shows no firmware version and none to downgrade to. I've struggled with this problem forever it seems. The controller will not connect to the bird. I've upgraded the bird to version 0602 and so now I just get a flashing red and yellow. I sure would appreciate some help. Oh and I've tried to roll back the bird firmware which it won't do, even tried factory reset, still no help.

Last edited:
Hi, my controller for my p4 after holding the "hat" shows no firmware version and none to downgrade to. I've struggled with this problem forever it seems. The controller will not connect to the bird. I've upgraded the bird to version 0602 and so now I just get a flashing red and yellow. I sure would appreciate some help. Oh and I've tried to roll back the bird firmware which it won't do, even tried factory reset, still no help.
Sent you a PM yesterday.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl