Phantom 4 drops from great heights

Reaction score
Has anyone the following. The 4 drops from the sky - about 150m altitude - no obvious reason. Full up on the stick to no avail. About 10m above ground level, it slowed and hovered. Despite the stick still full up, the drone failed to respond. After about a minute it slowly and then quickened upwards in response to the full up stick. This happened twice recently. I have sent to flight log in for analysis but no response yet.

Has anyone the following. The 4 drops from the sky - about 150m altitude - no obvious reason. Full up on the stick to no avail. About 10m above ground level, it slowed and hovered. Despite the stick still full up, the drone failed to respond. After about a minute it slowly and then quickened upwards in response to the full up stick. This happened twice recently. I have sent to flight log in for analysis but no response yet.
Did you use a gimbal protector btw?

First flight with my new 4 and I was 2 houses down and lost sig hit return home and screen went black . I drove down to see and it was destroyed my buddy said it just dropped out of the sky no ground detection just uncontrollable drop

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes, but it is mounted to the very rear so it does not interfere with the sensor. It is there only to carry the Trackimo. My last two flights resulted in intermittent message "possible IMU conflict"
I had similar strange behavior. It dropped and went back into the sky. After removal of the gimbal protector the problems went away.
Keep in mind that the UV sensors are also in the back. If the drone moves it looks like the ground is approaching the AC.
DJI advices not to use them!

I had similar strange behavior. It dropped and went back into the sky. After removal of the gimbal protector the problems went away.
Keep in mind that the UV sensors are also in the back. If the drone moves it looks like the ground is approaching the AC.
DJI advices not to use them!
I found a v, After hierarchic for DJI falls out ofg the sky. The "expert"
First flight with my new 4 and I was 2 houses down and lost sig hit return home and screen went black . I drove down to see and it was destroyed my buddy said it just dropped out of the sky no ground detection just uncontrollable drop

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: rene van der meer
I found a v, After hierarchic for DJI falls out ofg the sky. The "expert"
Lets try the spelling again. Quite a few Youtube reports. Have a look at "Fix the DJI Phantom 4 Altitude Drops!" not such a rare occurrence it seems but plenty of suggestions to fix it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl