Phantom 4 Drone, on my iPad ? ? ? ! !

Reaction score
Phayntom 4 Drone, on my iPad ? ? ? ! ! H E L P....
I purchased a Phantom 4 from a friend, (used), and an iPad model A1566, which is an iPad Air 2. But a couple of things are a problem.
1.) I have this iPad connected to the controller for the Drone, have the DJI phantom 4 app, on the iPad, but cannot see where I am flying through the drone camera. HOW DO I DO THAT ? ? ?
2.) When I did get it to record the video was whited out, meaning that it was all white, with some shadows. How do I make this thing take normal videos?????
Thanks in advance to anyone that can assist me with these problems. Gene

Need more information such as did you fly the drone and had vision through the app before you bought it from your friend? If it flies normally, have you tried another cable connecting the RC and your iPad? The cable may be faulty and as for the video, have you viewed it from the microSD card in your computer. That would eliminate possible camera problems from your drone and point more towards the iPad/cable. The video on your microSD will always be of a higher quality than playing it back through the djigo4 app.

Need more information such as did you fly the drone and had vision through the app before you bought it from your friend? If it flies normally, have you tried another cable connecting the RC and your iPad? The cable may be faulty and as for the video, have you viewed it from the microSD card in your computer. That would eliminate possible camera problems from your drone and point more towards the iPad/cable. The video on your microSD will always be of a higher quality than playing it back through the djigo4 app.
Yes my friend had vision before on his iPhone. I had recorded earlier on the SD and viewed from the card in my computer and it was fine. I'll try another cable connecting the iPad and the controller. hope that is a simple fix.

Check camera settings. If the screen was all white the camera may be manually set to film in low light conditions causing white screen in bright light. Try setting cameras to auto and see if that changes things.

Check camera settings. If the screen was all white the camera may be manually set to film in low light conditions causing white screen in bright light. Try setting cameras to auto and see if that changes things.
And how do I find where to set the camera to record in AUTO on the darn iPad? I can't find the camera settings so thus cannot change that setting.

Sounds like you may be completely lost with your new bird. I STRONGLY suggest you download the manual from DJI and take a look at some of the tutorials on youtube before you go any further. Learn where all the settings are and what they do BEFORE trying to fly.

I have downloaded the DJI 4 instruction manual, but they show something completely different than what I'm seeing. This thing SUCKS

I have downloaded the DJI 4 instruction manual, but they show something completely different than what I'm seeing. This thing SUCKS

I have no idea what you are doing or looking at. The latest P4 manual includes the GO 4 app and is accurate. If you can't even find the camera settings in the app, which should not require a manual to locate in the first place, then you should not even be attempting to fly the aircraft.

Need more info, like maybe a GO 4 screenshot off the iPad with your drone running and sitting out in the yard.

Try this for an iPad screenshot and post it back here. Does sound like you have your exposure locked into Overexposure somehow. GO 4 menu needs a Phd. to figger out sometimes as it steps pretty deep. :confused:

How to take a screenshot on an iPad

Try searching YouTube like I suggested earlier. Search for "phantom 4 camera settings". If you still can't figure out how to work the settings after that then maybe this hobby just isn't for you. Sell your P4 while you can as it will inevitably be destroyed and cost you heartache and even more cash.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik