PHANTOM 4 DOWN AT 8:20 PM IN VICINITY OF HAIGHT AND ASHBURY. Anyone know of this, call 662-364-2652.

I don't like the OP. Bad attitude: Help. It flew away. I know what I'm doing. I have certifications. West coast operations in trouble. Real estate commercial flying. I'm a lawyer. If you find it, its mine.
Bad attitude.

Reactions: chadrob30
Pretty much what I figured Mike.

And lets keep the rude comments to yourselves as this is not the place for them.

Unknown.jpg

Whole lot of judgement goin on. It's amazing how a lot of ppl react to posts on this forum when it doesn't conform to thier idea of how others should interact with them. Op ain't the ****. Maybe he doesn't have all day to satisfy people's curiosity. Typing a million ain't gonna locate his drone. Jesus chill the hell out fellas

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am a lawyer by day, have all certifications, but do appreciate the lecture. Too many novices can get us tricked out. I just want my P-4 back, if possible. Thanks for the lecture in drone law, thought!

Understood. We do have to be careful though as there are a lot of rogue operators out there who will try to build up their entire business but haven't bothered to do so within the regulatory framework. I've heard of at least two operators in CA that received fines from the FAA in the past month. One was for $60,000 for operating commercially without authorization.

As for your drone, I doubt you will see it again. If you'd like to understand more of what may have happened, you can post the logs for the flight and we can try to assess it.

I am a lawyer by day, have all certifications, but do appreciate the lecture. Too many novices can get us tricked out. I just want my P-4 back, if possible. Thanks for the lecture in drone law, thought!
So having lost two Phantoms since the end of March, you're not a novice. I get it.

What I don't get is why you need to be rude to someone trying to help you.

I won't make that mistake.

More than a request for help to find the drone or understand what happened sounds more like ad for him and his knowledge of law, the only details about the incident are that he "was not filming, and using DJI Go w/ iPhone"...

Maybe i should suggest paper flyers on the neighborhood as a more effective platform to request local help finding the drone instead of posting here comments about day jobs, law and skills as pilot!

Reactions: Chirp
I can't imagine all that knowledge of flying and law and yet he still flew in downtown SF. You would think most of it would be no fly zones anyway with all the airports in the area.

Reactions: mmtphoto
It will be sitting in the spot it "thought" was "Home" or it collided with a tree on its way there...

"all" certifications suggests he knows exactly what he is talking about ;) ha ha

;) I jest.

Good luck getting your copter back.
Cute, but flight plan revealed it went into a body of water. I had my new P-4 get lost, and I went to the place where it "went down," and there it was hovering over a berry bush it fell into. Insofar as registrations or certifications, when a bird becomes possessed and flies away, there ain't much yoiu can do, other than hope DJI will look at the flight path and accept responsibility and replace the bird. I have discovered tha tDJI doesn't stand b/h their product, so thi spost most likely won't see the light of day. Too bad

I can't imagine all that knowledge of flying and law and yet he still flew in downtown SF. You would think most of it would be no fly zones anyway with all the airports in the area.
So one would think. B/f this adventure, I looked at a program on the ABC affiliate wherein drone lawyers, citing California "drone law," indicated that there were none, save the 87 foot rule, was in effect for this state. I did not go very high, maybe 100 feet, and irrespective of anything else, DJI's bird malfunctioned, was about a week old, and they need to stand b/h it.

I don't like the OP. Bad attitude: Help. It flew away. I know what I'm doing. I have certifications. West coast operations in trouble. Real estate commercial flying. I'm a lawyer. If you find it, its mine.
Bad attitude.
Dear Dr. Joe- I care less about the heckings above. Okay, I'm a plumber and on weekends come to the left coast and other times to vineyards to perform droning chores for my wife, and her employer. We have gone over the world performing this chore. About the P-3 Standard, we decided to start our own droning company. With the blessing of said employer, we started Skyforge Productions, LLC, mostly for winery shots, but anticipate branching out. we have a movvie shoot lining up here in MS, this fall.

We are looking at the new Inspire, but if DJI is as crappy in standing b/h their products, it should be known. When DJI "opens a ticket" what that means is "we are going to screw you and never get back." If you tell the iStore where procured that their product was procured and offer the flight plan revealing the drone flew away, and offer to get same to them, DJI emailes back, saying we "opened a ticket," whereupon they again ignore you.

I don't really care if being a lawyer/plumber, taking shots in California has elicited such BS from the group, but as a pro, I get pretty pissed when a manufacture doesn't stand b/h their product. Indeed, the iStore said if I contest, I can NEVER use this credit card in another iStore. So, DJI/Apple (the same,same) are now fiscally threatening me, and any DJI customer should know how sorry they are in this department.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4