Phantom 4 CSC procedure is changed?

Yes, many times video goes out first, anyway that's the way it should be to minimize losses. If video is lost I doubt anyone would give craft down left stick, only a moron would do that. I always climb higher to get video signal back. Descending is suicide in most any video lost scenario, so CaptainDrone's suggestion really isn't realistic. However, I'm sure accidental CSCs do happen. What's really dumb is DJI added "down left stick" + "RTH" combo to shut down the motors mid-flight, but didn't remove the two stick CSC to shut down the drone. That's really dumb, give the public another way to accidentally shut the motors off mid-flight. Good one DJI. o_O

I never use CSC to shut down motors because I usually catch the drone with my right hand and give full down left stick with my left hand. It's kinda hard to give a two stick commands with one hand, unless you use a harness.
Actually, left-stick down-in+ RTH is the only way, not another way. All the other methods are for when the craft is landed. It's all explained in the manual.

Actually, left-stick down-in+ RTH is the only way, not another way. All the other methods are for when the craft is landed. It's all explained in the manual.
Last time I checked, both methods work to shut down motors. Did they finally remove the two stick CSC method?

UPDATE, both methods work, I just tested it. There are still two ways to shut down the motors mid flight. Check it out.

Last edited:
LOL which totally defeats the entire premise behind it. It's why I won't update my controller past 1.5.70. If you fly multiple Phantoms as I do, some of which don't have an RTH button, then you have to remember which emergency shutdown to use during an emergency where seconds count.

They should make this a setting in the app. Normal Mode & Dweeb Mode.

Last time I checked, both methods work to shut down motors. Did they finally remove the two stick CSC method?

UPDATE, both methods work, I just tested it. There are still two ways to shut down the motors mid flight. Check it out.

Like I said, I am basing my information from the number of reports on this site. It's a perfectly representative sample of the entire base.

you must have missed all the threads I've read here since joining about crashes that flight logs determined to be accidental CSC. I have read several in the past few months. It is not by any means a rarity. Perhaps rarer than a tree crash, but not as rare as ESC or battery failure by any means.

How exactly did you verify that?

How exactly did you verify that?
Verified on the ground, quick start and stop. Are you implying the two stick CSC may work only on the ground, and not in the air? I really doubt that, but I guess it's possible. Anything is possible with DJI.

It really makes not sense to leave the two stick STOP CSC working at all, including the ground. Sometimes if not done quickly the bird will flip on the side when using the two stick CSC to stop the motors, the reason I never use it.

Two sticks down and into the corners no longer works mid-flight after the firmware release where DJI added the new CSC procedure. It only works on the ground.

Two sticks down and into the corners no longer works mid-flight after the firmware release where DJI added the new CSC procedure. It only works on the ground.
Has anyone here tested that? I haven't seen that verification, but if yes, then I stand corrected.

It still seems silly to leave the two stick CSC in place to work on the ground, IMHO. It can ruin props. There are two other ways to turn off the motors on the ground. Why leave the third way that can tip the craft?

Has anyone here tested that?
You want someone to test it in the air... :D

You can verify it by running the simulator.

It still seems silly to leave the two stick CSC in place to work on the ground
Perhaps. However, DJI changed it to prevent a CSC from accidentally being initiated mid-flight.

You want someone to test it in the air... :D

You can verify it by running the simulator.

Perhaps. However, DJI changed it to prevent a CSC from accidentally being initiated mid-flight.

looks like I wont need my 3d printed csc avoidance thingy anymore :D

Reactions: Dounin Front
I must say I'm amazed at how many P4 pilots have not read the manual. I think DJI should maybe add that to the TOP 10 list of pilot errors.

Reactions: Dounin Front
I must say I'm amazed at how many P4 pilots have not read the manual. I think DJI should maybe add that to the TOP 10 list of pilot errors.

There is a manual?!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj