Phantom 4 CSC procedure is changed?

Reaction score
It seems DJI has listened to the complaints:

P3 Firmware - DJI Releases New Firmware for Phantom Series

"2. Changed procedure for stopping motors during flight. To stop motors during flight, pull the left stick to the bottom inside corner while simultaneously pressing the Smart RTH button. This new procedure will only become available when Remote Controller firmware is updated to the latest version. "

I know some of the more advanced pilots will disagree, but I welcome this change. It was a smart move.

I know some of the more advanced pilots will disagree, but I welcome this change. It was a smart move.
I agree that overall it is a good change but it doesn't feel as natural to me. Maybe they should also make that the method of arming the motors so we will be able to do it like second nature in an emergency. Is the P4 the only one getting this change because of sport mode?

Reactions: Dounin Front
Seems it's geared towards noobs in order to prevent mid air CSC.

It will slow advanced operators slightly on any inflight emergency shutdown but not a deal breaker.

A solution for a problem that didn't exist.
I agree.

Normally, in at least the US panic-button/kill switch psychology, all "big red buttons" are single purpose button for a reason.
Combining button usage and software for very different events is likely to cause more incidents and or confusion.

I had no issue with CSC.

Reactions: Dounin Front
For them to make the change it must"ve been an issue . If you never have had a csc problem then great , you will continue to never have the problem . But I can guareentee you it will save plenty of phantoms from accidental csc . It happens more then you think and the change reflects that .

Very much needed. It will save a lot of p4. Needs to be implemented on p3"s
Reports in the P3 discussion are that the new CSC works for P3 as well.
Also, the old CSC still works as well. Both work.

Reactions: LamboH
Sounds contradictory to me! I have a P3A and thought the firmware upgrade cancelled out the old CSC and the left stick and RTH button would now be the kill switch. LamboH says that both still work which makes mistaken kill still valid. Is this correct? Can someone please clarify for the P3 series. Thanks

I think this is a great change. I'd much rather have it set up this way so I don't have to worry about a friend trying out my phantom somehow managing to execute a csc by accident.

Reports in the P3 discussion are that the new CSC works for P3 as well.
Also, the old CSC still works as well. Both work.

I wonder if the original CSC still works on the P4. Odd thing for DJI to do. Gave the new guys another thing to fear!

I wonder if the original CSC still works on the P4. Odd thing for DJI to do. Gave the new guys another thing to fear!
Agreed, its very odd. I can see them listening to their dramatically changing user base and making a change to the CSC, but I can't see why they would just add a new procedure to the existing procedure.

What I asked the guys on the other thread is if the old and new both work to start and stop. I'm wondering if the old and new both work to start, but only the new works to stop.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik