Phantom 4 controller not charging brand new out of the box.

Reaction score
Hello guys
I just upgraded to the Phantom Pro 4. Everything seems fine out of the box accept I cannot seem to get a charge to the controller. I am trying to track down another charger to isolate weather the issue is the controller or charger. The charger works fine with the drone battery, but no indication it doing anything with the controller. I don't have another charger yet to test it. I was wondering if there was some idiot issue that I am missing to get the controller to charge. I have a call into DJI tech support but couldn't get through today. They will call me tomorrow. Any suggest would be appreciated.
Thanks Jeff

Power Jack of charger sometimes needs pushing in a bit more to make good contact on RC. Try that to see if it works.

Does your controller have any juice in it at all? Is it possible it is fully charged already?

Mine was a little weird charging the first time. I took it off the charger after about an hour and it worked fine. Second charge and everything was normal.

It may have been almost fully charged the first time I put it on.

I believe I had the same problem you describe. I plugged my phantom charger in and even overnight (12 hours) it still wouldn't hold a charge. Thw lights would blink like it was charging but as soon as I'd unplug it and try to turn it on, nothing. The battery wouldn't even light up when I pressed the button. Luckily I was able to exchange it at my local store the next day. If you're experiencing what I described, chances are you'll want to exchange it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav