Phantom 4 connection

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to purchase a new Phantom 4 (once I find a good package deal) and I have a couple of questions:

1.) Must I have my iPhone or iPad hard wired to the Phantom 4 or can the picture from the camera be transmitted wirelessly like the Phantom 2+.

2.) What software, besides DJI Go, do I need to change settings when the Phantom 4 is attached to the computer.

Thanks to anyone who responds.....should be ordering later this week.

Must I have my iPhone or iPad hard wired to the Phantom 4
Yes.

can the picture from the camera be transmitted wirelessly like the Phantom 2+
No.

What software, besides DJI Go, do I need to change settings when the Phantom 4 is attached to the computer.
Other than DJI GO, the only other software you'll need is the DJI Assistant 2 to calibrate the front sensors. You can download it from the Phantom 4 downloads page.

From the Phantom 4 manual:

Untitled.png

Follow up question....does the cabling that comes with the Phantom 4 work on the Apple devices?

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. What ever happened to sending the signal over wi-fi? So now after I spend gobs of money on Phantom 4 I need to spend more. Technology is certainly advancing. Don't get me wrong, I still think the Phantom 4 is a good deal just a little frustrating that I need to go elsewhere just to make it work.

That's not compatible with the P3.

Thank you msinger for all your help. I ordered the Phantom 4 and the cable just now so I'm anxiously waiting. Now to sell my Phantom 2+.

Nice! Enjoy your new Phantom :)

Thank you for your help. What ever happened to sending the signal over wi-fi? So now after I spend gobs of money on Phantom 4 I need to spend more. Technology is certainly advancing. Don't get me wrong, I still think the Phantom 4 is a good deal just a little frustrating that I need to go elsewhere just to make it work.
If you have an Apple product as your device, I'm sure you have at least one cable already since it came with its packaging. With all of my Apple products as well as my family's, we have them all around the house and our cars.

The one listed above is nice and keeps things uncluttered but is not necessary. I keep my cable coiled to keep up it from getting caught everywhere. Still, that cable is nice so I may get one in the future.

You know what, ftttu.....I never even thought of those lighting connectors. I guess because they are always plugged into the little chargers I forgot they are also USB. Well I got the one msinger suggests and if the Phantom gets here before the cable I'll be able to use it. Thanks for all the good suggestions.

You know what, ftttu.....I never even thought of those lighting connectors. I guess because they are always plugged into the little chargers I forgot they are also USB. Well I got the one msinger suggests and if the Phantom gets here before the cable I'll be able to use it. Thanks for all the good suggestions.
No problem. Like I said, I will get one eventually just to make my setup a little cleaner.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl