Phantom 4 Charging Hub.

I'm sticking with DJI product. The P3 hub works great so I ordered the P4 version. Also the car charger. I had over $100 credit on the DJI store from ordering my P4 so might as well use it. Also free shipping starts at $150 and these two items total $152. Hope to get them soon and try them out.

That's exactly what I ordered too. The ability of the hub to put the batteries into storage mode seems like it will be very useful.

I like the thought of the storage mode but I will using my Phantom a lot remotely where I will use a generator to charge my batteries, so being able to charge 3 in one hour as opposed to running the generator for 3 hours is what made me get the Ebay multi-charger version.

I like the thought of the storage mode but I will using my Phantom a lot remotely where I will use a generator to charge my batteries, so being able to charge 3 in one hour as opposed to running the generator for 3 hours is what made me get the Ebay multi-charger version.

That makes sense, but I figured that I can still charge 3 simultaneously if needed with the stock charger, the hub charger and the car charger.

I'm sticking with DJI product. The P3 hub works great so I ordered the P4 version. Also the car charger. I had over $100 credit on the DJI store from ordering my P4 so might as well use it. Also free shipping starts at $150 and these two items total $152. Hope to get them soon and try them out.

Hi I thought Store credit is 1% of past orders places. You should have earned 1% on your P4 order (about $14). Could you please tell us how you got $100?

Thank you.

I ordered the DJI hub. I'll post pictures.

It charges the batteries in sequence indeed starting with the one(s) with the highest % left.
A depleted battery will be charged last if there are 2-3 batteries docked with a higher charge level.

Hi I thought Store credit is 1% of past orders places. You should have earned 1% on your P4 order (about $14). Could you please tell us how you got $100?

Thank you.

Yes you're right - $14 for the P4 plus a little for a battery etc. Then they gave me $89 out of the blue for "price matching". I thought that was awesome!

credit.jpg

@nhoover

wow, that's awesome. Good for you! Glad they did and you had some money to spend on extra stuff.

I thought I'd get-by with the contents of the box but at the very least, en extra battery and a monitor hood proved super useful.

I actually ordered two more batteries and I have a total of three so I wanted the charging hub. I had to stop there though and forego the car charger, the lanyard, backpack and the ND filter for now. :(

Thank you for replying.

OK, I received the three I ordered today and I'm going to say I'm a little disappointed in the quality of the build...they are very cheap indeed, no little rubber feet, the switch feels like a cheap toy switch and overall it they just feel...cheap. I thought the P3 hubs were very nice quality and I expected these to be the same especially at the $90 price! I feel a little...no a lot let down by this product!

I am glad that I didn't get stuck paying the duty on these especially with the shipping invoice error that shows these at $270 each, yikes!

image_zpsiloydr64.jpeg

Mine came today too. I tested out the car charger (works) and will use the hub tonight. It looks fine to me. I wouldn't really call it cheap looking. Sure if could be nicer but as long as it works I am totally fine. I LOVE the switch (that it exists and what it does)!

Mine came today too. I tested out the car charger (works) and will use the hub tonight. It looks fine to me. I wouldn't really call it cheap looking. Sure if could be nicer but as long as it works I am totally fine. I LOVE the switch (that it exists and what it does)!

Maybe cheap isn't fair but compared to the P3 hub quality, it at least came with nice little rubber feet and a much nicer build quality...all three of mine have very loose switches that I certainly can't with any honesty call "quality feeling" they don't even have a positive on/off index that I would expect from a quality switch...This item should have been priced @ $30-40 for this build quality IMHO.

image_zps5nfsroe4.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe cheap isn't fair but compared to the P3 hub quality, it at least came with nice little rubber feet and a much nicer build quality...all three of mine have very loose switches that I certainly can't with any honesty call "quality feeling" they don't even have a positive on/off index that I would expect from a quality switch...This item should have been priced @ $30-40 for this build quality IMHO.

image_zps5nfsroe4.jpeg

This charging one at a time?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is a charging hub. I charges up to 3 batteries in sequence (one at a time) to either 50% or 100%. It can discharge up to 3 batteries at a time to 50% on the storage setting.

The Discharging feature in all honesty is my favourite mode...

Last edited:
How does it discharge? where is the load going? and how long does it take to discharge?

Are you asking what is the form of the load? It will be a simple resistive load, since any complex component will not actually dissipate energy except radiatively, which we can rule out.

How does it discharge? where is the load going? and how long does it take to discharge?

-Discharges by flipping the switch from "CHARGING" to "STORAGE"
-I thought the load was going into the service but then I read that the unit can be unplugged and still discharge the batteries...heat?, the charging hub is very warm to the touch while discharging.
-My batteries have been discharging for about 45 minutes and are just now flashing on the third bar...I'll update this once they stop flashing.

IMG_3522_zpskjvy3m8l.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr