Phantom 4 Charging Hub Problem

Reaction score
20161119_163810.jpg
I have two of the DJI brand charging hubs for the P4. I am able to charge batteries individually, connecting them directly to the power supply, but when I try to charge on the hub, all three lights go from red, to a solid yellow and charging never starts. I sent the hub back to DJI for testing and they say it works fine. I can't figure out what the issue is.

Last edited:
View attachment 69011 I have two of the DJI brand charging hubs for the P4. I am able to charge batteries individually, connecting them directly to the power supply, but when I try to charge on the hub, all three lights go from red, to a solid yellow and charging never starts. I sent the hub back to DJI for testing and they say it works fine. I can't figure out what the issue is.
Try turning them the other way. The yellow lights means they are not charging.

Hmm, just checked mine and the batteries only go in one direction. The OP's look correct.

AD

It did this once to me, I think it was when I put the charger's plug while the batteries were in. I removed them all, unplugged the hub and plugged it again with no batteries, then inserted the batteries one by one.

Now I'm not sure if it's related but I insert the batteries once the hub is on, not before.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yellow means it is analyzing the battery. Lastnight I put one battery iin and it stayed yellow for about 30 minutes then finally went to flashing green.
Does anybody know if you can leave the batteries plugged in indefinitely? Either in the 'charge or discharge' mode?

I have tried every combination you can think of. Plugged first, not plugged first. One battery, two batteries, three batteries. I've seen videos online of others using there's, dud it step by step as they did, and still all yellow lights. I suspect it's got something to do with the power supply. Even though it will charge a single battery plugged directly in. The DJI Support group tried my hub, using their own power supply not mine. That's the only variable I can think of. The problem is I have no way to test that without going to buy another power supply. I'm already in it for $100 on a hub I can't use. I'd hate to go buy another power supply and that not be it. I'm trying to talk DJI into letting me send them both my power supply and the hub to test together. I've only had the drone 3 months.

I've left them on the hub overnight and still come back to all yellow lights. All the batteries are new. I can't imagine it taking longer than that to analyze. I've watched vids online and charging starts usually in a matter of seconds.

Just get the aftermarket charger on Amazon or Ebay that charges all three at once and turns off automatically. Best $48 spent.

With the batteries all removed and the charging unit plugged in, do your get three red lights?

AD

Just get the aftermarket charger on Amazon or Ebay that charges all three at once and turns off automatically. Best $48 spent.

WWK88, which one did you get? I didn't know a charging hub existed that would charge them all simultaneously. I thought all the hubs for the Phantom 4 charges the batteries one at a time...

Octoruss, you can find the "black" parallel battery charger here on Amazon. You can find it on eBay too if you prefer to shop there instead.

DroneWorld supplied me with a Thor charging station that charges 3 batteries and the remote at the same time. This came with the P4 extended range package.

So what was the resolution? I just got the charging hub- 2 of my 4 batteries are charged and show the green lights - and the other 2 are on yellow. Not sure why? They've been on Yellow for ages and not changing to 'charging' mode.

On the 3 battery charging hub there can be a variety of reasons why it wont charge. Here is a list of the main ones i know about.
1, battery in the wronge way. Correct it.
2, battery has been turned on. Turn it off.
3, said batteries need to be updated with new firmware. Update them.
4, The main 3x charging hub itself needs a firmware update before you can start charging batteries. Update it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4