Phantom 4 Charging Hub compatible with P4p

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the P4 charging hub is compatible with the higher capacity batteries of the P4P?

Yes -- it's compatible.

Yep! Same battery voltage just more output so they will only take a bit more time to charge.

Once a battery is charged whilst in the off position, is it best to disconnect the battery from charge and then turn them on and then re connect to the charger to get a full charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick responses.

Would there be any issues with charging P4 batteries and P4P batteries at the same time ?

Once a battery is charged whilst in the off position, is it best to disconnect the battery from charge and then turn them on and then re connect to the charger to get a full charge?
No. The hub will fully charge all of the batteries.

I get a 100% charge no matter if I use the hub or just the charger.

Have you ever tried disconnecting the battery from full charge and turning it on (out of drone) and charging?

Yes. You must do that to top off a battery that is nearly fully charged.

Yes. You must do that to top off a battery that is nearly fully charged.

Thanks for clarifying this, every little helps.... Knowledge is power and power is more distance [emoji106]

Have you ever tried disconnecting the battery from full charge and turning it on (out of drone) and charging?

Can you elaborate? Don't get what you mean...

When the battery is almost fully charged (e.g. 99%), it will not charge if you connect it to the battery charger. You must turn the battery on and then connect it to the battery charger in order to force it to top off the battery.

Oh OK :) Not sure that one percent is really worth it... plus it might hurt your battery life?

When the battery is almost fully charged (e.g. 99%), it will not charge if you connect it to the battery charger. You must turn the battery on and then connect it to the battery charger in order to force it to top off the battery.
Mike, I thought that didn't work on P4 batteries, it only works with P3. Did DJI update the P4 battery firmware to support the "top off mode"?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20