Phantom 4 charge hub - multiple batteries at same time

I ordered the Black Box from Amazon but fullfilled by the Tanner Group. It works as advertised and cosyt $48.00 plus $7.00 shipping. Less expensive than from Amazon Prime. I'm charging the remote and one battery even as I type. Charged two batteries after two flights this morning.

$48.00

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I cannot see any firmware download for the phantom 4 battery hub on the DJI site.. Could somebody send me a direct link to the download please.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I cannot see any firmware download for the phantom 4 battery hub on the DJI site.. Could somebody send me a direct link to the download please.
DJI has not released firmware for it yet. Once available, you'll be able to download it from the P4 downloads page.

Unfortunately, the black 4 in 1 BTG charger also won't top off a P4 battery at 97% remaining, just like the DJI P4 charger. Must be a function of the programming in the Smart battery chip on the P4 battery. Still need to run it down to 95%, in order to top it off to 100%.

Unfortunately, the black 4 in 1 BTG charger also won't top off a P4 battery at 97% remaining, just like the DJI P4 charger. Must be a function of the programming in the Smart battery chip on the P4 battery. Still need to run it down to 95%, in order to top it off to 100%.

With my P4, 3% equates to about 60 seconds of flying.. So 97% wouldn't necessarily be a big issue for me.. May be just fly it a minute longer than you would normally to compensate (if possible of course!)

With my P4, 3% equates to about 60 seconds of flying.. So 97% wouldn't necessarily be a big issue for me.. May be just fly it a minute longer than you would normally to compensate (if possible of course!)
That's about right. However, I assume you mean a minute shorter than I normally would at 100%. The problem is that by the time the 97% battery is turned on and finally ready to fly, it's now down to 95%, after the IMU has warmed up, and the Home Point has been set. I fly with two external 2800 mAh batteries, which deliver up to a 30 minute flight time, so every minute lost on a 12 mile round trip flight is either a prime minute of photography/videography at my chosen remote location, or an extra margin of safety on the return flight, should I encounter a strong headwind on the return, or have lingered too long. On the P3, the battery can ALWAYS be topped off to 100%, even if you topped it off the night before. On the P4, unless it is already down to 95%, you CANNOT top off the battery, even though the instructions state to never fly without a fully charged battery. It's annoying and could potentially lead to a crash or water landing, where the bird would have otherwise have made it all the way home. Now I have to manually discharge each of my batteries to 95%, just so I can then top them off to 100% before flying. This takes at least a half hour with three internal batteries.

I have the $60 one and it works fantastic! Will charge three batteries in about an hour, the transmitter usually takes about 2 hours to get to 100% if it is below 50%, two lights or less.

I wanted a hub charger but didn't want to pay DJI's price. The chargers that charge a bunch of batteries at once freak me out a little as charging even a single P4 battery draws 100W from the wall @ 110V. Are the parallel multi-chargers really able to draw & step down 300W safely? Maybe...

I found a "Smatree" brand hub charger on Amazon that charges one battery at a time like the DJI one does, but only costs $25. I wasn't sure what to expect but it feels surprisingly well made for the price and charges the batteries just fine, one at a time. It draws the same power from the wall as charging a single battery does, and works with the DJI power supply that came with my P4.

I wanted a hub charger but didn't want to pay DJI's price. The chargers that charge a bunch of batteries at once freak me out a little as charging even a single P4 battery draws 100W from the wall @ 110V. Are the parallel multi-chargers really able to draw & step down 300W safely? Maybe...

I found a "Smatree" brand hub charger on Amazon that charges one battery at a time like the DJI one does, but only costs $25. I wasn't sure what to expect but it feels surprisingly well made for the price and charges the batteries just fine, one at a time. It draws the same power from the wall as charging a single battery does, and works with the DJI power supply that came with my P4.

300 watts at 110 volts draws only 2.7 amps.

My only concern about a non DJI charger would be the regulators in the chargers being a good enough quality to not damage the batteries.

i have the black one and love the fact i can charge all 3 batteries and remote at the same time and cut charging time in half ....been using mine since last July 2016 with not one issue...nice it has a fan to keep it cool, unlike the stock charger unit that comes with the P4 , mine used to get hot only doing 1 battery = no thank you, when there is the black one out there that does 3 times the work in half the time...no brainer to me

Yeah, there's always a risk I suppose, and just because the hub I bought charges only one battery at a time doesn't mean it will necessarily be safe. I do like that it uses the DJI charger though. I don't have enough time to fly that I am charging all the time (wish I had that problem!) so this works okay for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl