Phantom 4 case that will hold Itelite antenna

Just checked the FAA website and they say 45 linear inches and the Caseclub compact is 46.5 linear inches... Hardly a 20% outside the requirements, closer to 1%.

I just checked the gopro compact case and it is 46 linear inches and they advertise as carry-on.

At any rate if people are interested in caseclub making a insert that can hold the Itelite & rc attached let them know.
Have you got a link to what you're reading? The FAA spec has been 20x14x9" for some time.

Hey John Locke. Which Think Tank backpack is it? Do you know? I looked it up on Amazon and they have several different ones.

Hey John Locke. Which Think Tank backpack is it? Do you know? I looked it up on Amazon and they have several different ones.
I have this one. Works great, good quality, but expensive. The ProCraft seems almost as good at half the price (I don't own one though), but it doesn't have a side handle, only on top. Both have waist belts.
This is very interesting, thanks for sharing. I've never seen that before, and I was mistaken, it was 22X14X9" that I've always seen as "the limit". But it appears the airlines have their own limits and don't follow a specific FAA spec. The page you shared says "most airlines", which suggested there is no hard and fast FAA rule or guideline for the US. So I've looked further and found this TSA reference for each airline and what they have set their limits to. I'm surprised some airlines (all are foreign) do follow the 45" total linear measurement, which means I could take on a package that's 6"X3"X36" which is pretty long. That's interesting.
upload_2016-5-18_12-5-8.png

Last edited:
Quite a difference in price! Thanks for the info and happy flights! Thanks John!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic