Phantom 4 Canada

I bought mine directly due to release timing however Henry's is good with stores across Canada or in metro Vancouver Helivideopros are the best! Good luck and good flying!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't use fedex to import stuff into Canada they charge huge brokerage fees even when there is no duty. DHL you only pay the taxes.

When you order directly from Dji you don't pay tax or duty. As shown on the Dji website. They will charge you in US dollars so pay with a credit card that does not have foreign transaction fees.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here in Ontario on big ticket items you are charged HST, and then sometimes not, I dont know what they base what you will be charged on.?

I just ordered a P4 with two extra batteries from Drone Warehouse.ca in Alberta. I live in Windsor, Ont, so just saving the 8% on taxes was over $160 in savings alone (13% vs 5%). In the end I ended up paying a total of an extra $60 over ordering directly from DJI. If there is any issues out of the box they'll take it back and send me another.

If you have someone who has EPP (Employee Purchase Program) with Apple, you can get P4 for $CAD1827+tax. Better than Henrys. The company I work for has it. I plan to use it. Ordering directly from DJI and being at risk of getting brokerage fees... no, thanks.

This clearly states all local taxes and duties are included when ordering directly. It's been covered many times in many threads.

I ordered my P4 at launch from DJI - delivered via DHL. $1399 USD no taxes no shipping charges or duty charges when it arrived. Delivered to Toronto. I also ordered an Osmo and accessories at a later date and again, DHL delivery with no taxes, shipping charges and nothing due at delivery for duty. Last week I was sent the coupon for the 50% off batteries - I placed an order for 2 batteries and some other accessories. I did get my shipping notification update. This order is coming via FedEx. On the tracking info it states the payer will cover all import charges and duties. Arriving tomorrow so we will see if there is any difference if orders come in via FedEx

Thanks yannicksjh! Did you receive it? Was it only 5% tax? I see they are in Alberta, but how reliable they are...

Ya, only 5% sales tax. So on over $2000 (with the two extra batteries) I saved over $160 in taxes compared to Ontario (plus they seem to have the best package deals in Canada) . I just ordered it yesterday but contacted the guy there several times before doing so. He (Dale) emails right back and processed me order right away. I had a tracking with in an hour of ordering

Now I'm torn between official DJI store and dronewarehouse... The 50% off batteries DJI offers is too good to miss (if they still do it now), but Alberta guys also seems to be nice deal... I need to think it over. LOL.

I ordered my P4 at launch from DJI - delivered via DHL. $1399 USD no taxes no shipping charges or duty charges when it arrived. Delivered to Toronto. I also ordered an Osmo and accessories at a later date and again, DHL delivery with no taxes, shipping charges and nothing due at delivery for duty. Last week I was sent the coupon for the 50% off batteries - I placed an order for 2 batteries and some other accessories. I did get my shipping notification update. This order is coming via FedEx. On the tracking info it states the payer will cover all import charges and duties. Arriving tomorrow so we will see if there is any difference if orders come in via FedEx

Let us know. I read on the website if they ask for extra money not to pay it.

Now I'm torn between official DJI store and dronewarehouse... The 50% off batteries DJI offers is too good to miss (if they still do it now), but Alberta guys also seems to be nice deal... I need to think it over. LOL.

DJI is only offering the 50% off to the buyers who bought direct and prior to the release of phantom 4 with extra battery packages that can be found on the website after the release. You get the same deal but the price is taken off in advance. If you buy the phantom 4 package with 2 extra batteries you save 178 USD total is 15something US with not tax or duties. If you sign up for the Amazon Canada credit card you can save on foreign transaction fees as well and 20 bucks off! Lol

When you buy a package deal (whether 1 or 2 extra batteries) from drone warehouse the extra batteries come to 50% off as well. I looked everywhere for what would be the best option when ordering from Canada. It come down to Drone Warehouse and direct from DJI, I checked Best buy (even when price matching because of Ontario's 13% tax and no package deals), B & H was a lot more ( again because the package was a little more and the tax), Staple, Apple store, Amazon etc....In the end I ended up paying an extra $60 (mainly because of the 5% tax) ordering from drone warehouse with the two extra batteries. Main reason being that if its defective out of the box I can just return it to them (quicker turn around). If its defective later on, I still have to send it in to DJI. Hope that helps

My parts order arrived today via FedEx. Shipped out of California and didn't get charged any duty or import charges.

Reactions: Van Wilder

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl