Phantom 4 Camera Not Centering

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday while in flight that my camera is off-center quite a bit. I have searched this forum and Google for the problem that I'm having and I found a lot of "fixes" for this issue, but it seems they are all for the Phantom 3 models and not the 4. I've had my Phantom for 3 weeks; no crashes or hard landings..in fact I have had no issues what-so-ever since the purchase. So I'm not sure what the problem is. I would contact DJI support first, but before I call an off-shore support site, I want to tap the domestic support here first.

Things I have tried:
- Recalibrated the IMU (On a perfectly flat surface, multiple times)
- Recalibrated the gimbal (On a perfectly flat surface, multiple times)
- Downgraded to two firmware updates before the most recent

Still, the camera won't center up.

I have posted a picture below:

20160924_100222.jpg

Yea those links pretty much took me to the Phantom 3 fixes like I found previously. Thanks anyway though.

Don't know. I will check that out when I get home today. Definitely a new feature.

Don't know. I will check that out when I get home today. Definitely a new feature.
hello i was just wondering if u have sorted out this issue... recently bought a brand new phantom 4 and out of the box ive had this problem ... makes it difficult to fly straight

No, I sure didn't. I'm just dealing with it the best I can right now. Don't really want to send the thing off just yet.

I have the very same issue. Mine is slightly to the left. It works fine for pictures, but you can't fly straight using FPV. I practiced following the ridge of my roof. I always drift off because the view is slightly out.

I tried the calibration and settings in the screen posted above. It doesn't address this problem. It is a mechanical, not a software issue. I noticed that when the power is off, the camera's range is more to the left than the right. I am wondering if it is mounted on a splined shaft and they missed by a couple of splines? The software calibration doesn't work because it centers in the range, and the entire range is off center.

I thought about trying to move it, but I am reluctant to touch it until I know for certain how it is mounted. It works, so I don't want to mess anything up.

User was able to center physically with P3 and without disassembling the craft. This is not possible with P4. You might want contact DJI support to get their advise. So far the only way to fix is return to DJI for repair, as far I know, and new centering option was introduced recently and is not documented I think.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JWH

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1