Phantom 4 Camera freeze

Reaction score
Hi everyone
When filming with my camera, every now and then, the video seems to freeze for some reason, but then carries on recording. Please see attached clip for example. Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is this video taken from the MicroSD card on the craft, or is it from your controlling phone/tablet device?

If it's from your device, then there could be a radio interference issue, or your phone/tablet might not be up to decoding the video.

Ok thanks, I'll have a look at the SD card tonight to see if it is good enough as well as try a different device. I was using my iPhone 6 but will try the iPad mini 4 next time with the original SD card that came with the drone [emoji106]

I'm using a PHILIPS 64GB Micro SDXC (model FM64MP45B) - It well outlasts my three batteries, but then I'm only recording video in 1080 - I'll try get out tonight and do some 4K.

These cards are available in the UK easily (well I stock em in my store anyway) so should be able to pick one up around your way should you need the extra storage space :)

You are taking the card out of the drone and posting that footage online? or just the video recorded on the phone? As stated above, with transmission errors the footage you see live might be messed about with if there is any radio interference.

Incidentally, I use a Huawei P8 lite (8 cores, etc etc), works excellent and if you lucky can get one new for under £100.. Personally I fancy a bigger screen but all the tablets I have are TOO big lol...

If I shoot higher than 720p my samsung tab 4 cuts out a lot, but all is good on the card in the P4

Ok, so I've been out this weekend and tried all the things that you guys have mentioned. Put in the original card that came with the drone and tried my iPad mini 4 . Footage is a lot better, but am still getting a few small freezes, nothing that I can't edit out at a later day!! Taking the card out of the drone and straight into the back of the iMac

Tried 4k with my card this week, saw the same. Original card back in now and I'll try do a test soon. Did record on 4k on my first flight and though laptop struggled it did play. Try it on vlc or try converting it downscaling it in vlc?

I don't understand why, but I get different responses to video lag on the screen with a Samsung 10.1" tablet and a Samsung S6 Edge phone. The phone is a lot better than the tablet on freezing up where there are times the menu seems stuck until the breaking up goes away. There have been times where I hit the shutter button and the breakup doesn't get to the drone so I miss a shot too. The second P4 I had seemed to have overall bad RF too (Lose of signal a lot!) against the first one.

So with the 3rd P4 drone I picked up yesterday at Best Buy (First two had defects, and both operated differently in the loss of signal too!) along with an Apple iPad Air 2 +cellular (for the GPS part) with the 9.7" non-reflective screen. No breakup at all - not even once! The Apple menu is a bit different than the Android one in its layout too.

The thing with the Apple I really hated (and I was tempted to take it out in the street and run over it!!), and me never have owning any Apple stuff before, is if you lose the ability to get your fingerprint read to unlock it, and you inputted some alpha-numeric combination as a passcode - which supersedes a password - and mess it up against only using six numbers for the passcode, you are locked out of the device for 15 minutes, and if you really screwed up the **** passcode you are locked out very well. Took me around 14 hours of fighting between iTunes and the iPad turning off and need to reboot to resume the 1.90GB download (Crummy DSL is not recommended!) to erase and restore the iPad so I could get back in. Wasn't happy about relaunching the iTune app and unplugging the Firewire cable to resume every 15 minutes either, but I think I got it figured out. Apple does seem a lot slower on their downloaded apps than Android too, a lot slower, but the display seems to be rock-steady on it.

So I'm hoping the testing today gives me a good P4. Third's a charm...maybe.

Mack

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj