Phantom 4 build quality.

Reaction score
I received my P4 today and I'm generally happy with the build quality except for where the grey underbody meets the glossy white shell. See attached picture.

It's seems that a little more effort and care could have been taken to ensure a seamless joint. Do they all look like this ?

Thanks,

Chris.

Attachments

• IMG_1414.JPG
    IMG_1414.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 880
I just looked at mine, and mine seems way more seamless from the grey to the white. Looks like you have a different mold or something else is going on there.

I received my P4 today and I'm generally happy with the build quality except for where the grey underbody meets the glossy white shell. See attached picture.

It's seems that a little more effort and care could have been taken to ensure a seamless joint. Do they all look like this ?

Thanks,

Chris.

that does not look right, where did you buy that thing from? Hope its not a fake.

Here are two more pics from a different angle. The drone was purchased directly from DJI and I called tech support earlier and they are willing to exchange it but the process will take 2 weeks !!!!!
Photo 2016-09-14, 7 20 13 PM.jpg
Photo 2016-09-14, 7 20 35 PM.jpg

I'm reluctant to ship back a brand new drone and have them ship me some crappy refurbished replacement !

Interesting ... With my flash on it looks much better ! This looks closer to what everyone else's looks like ...

Photo 2016-09-14, 7 41 11 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Photo 2016-09-14, 7 41 11 PM.jpg
    Photo 2016-09-14, 7 41 11 PM.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 442
Haven't taken her out yet. Spent the afternoon dealing with this cosmetic issue. I'll probably leave it as is. To me its a greater risk sending it in and getting something worse ... In better light it looks much better !

Reactions: Suhail78
Are you guys serious right now? OMG it's 4 microns off!
Did you tell DJI you could fit a hair through it?
I can't imagine you buying a $50,000 truck!

The thing is fine. 100% without a doubt fine. You spent the day talking to nitwits in Hong Kong instead of enjoying yourself, because your paranoid.
I literally bought 3 phantoms last week and every one is exactly the same. Relax and go fly it!
Ohh and from now on, get amazon prime and buy everything through them. Best customer service you will ever get.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik