Phantom 4 Battery

Reaction score
What is the deal with Phantom 4 batteries. I have had my Phantom 4 for less than a week and this is the second battery I've had issues with. The first one was DOA in the back of the Phantom when I bought it and refused to charge. I bought second extra battery, which I received yesterday. After charging it up, I placed it in the P4 and received a battery cell damaged error message. Good grief, I never had this issue with any of my P3P batteries.

So I contacted DJI, just like instructed underneath the error message on the DJI GO App. I spoke to someone on the phone who took down all my information, opened a ticket and then emailed me with the following list list of things to do before DJI would consider replacing the battery:

Dear Russell,

Thank you for contacting DJI Customer Support.

Can you please reply to this email with the following information, so we can better assist you.
· Proof of Purchase
· Photos of the battery, including the Serial number
· Screen shot of the battery info, from the DJI GO app
· Short video showing the issue
· Has the battery been involved in any rough landings or crashes? If yes, please send us the DJI account (email address) you used for that flight and the specific time of that flight so we can analyze the problem.
You may contact us Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm PST at 818-235-0789, if you'd like to speak with a support representative.

Luckily I went back to Amazon and initiated a return to them. Printed out a label, dropped it off at UPS pickup site this morning and received this later today:

Hello Russell Hays,
We've issued your refund for the item below. Your return is now complete*.

View return & refund status
DJI CP.PT.000342 Phantom 4...
Refund total: $139.00**
Refund will appear on your Visa in 3-5 business days.

Thank you Amazon!!

Reactions: Sky Architect
Still cool. Seems to be many people having issues with batteries lately. P4 anyways. Lots of recent quality control failures

Reactions: UtilaGirl
Battery that came with my p4 was DOA. Would not charge or power on. I called Apple and they wanted everything returned. I called DJI and got the exact same message apd3984 got. I took pictures and a short video and explained how the battery was not damaged or crashed because it never worked. Next day I received a UPS shipping label from DJI. That was 2 days ago I'll update with status changes. Hopefully they just send me a new battery.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Sad to hear about that, must be a bummer. I'm very thankful all 3 of mine were good to fly out of box and after a charge up. Hope you guys get back to flying soon!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4