Phantom 4 battery life

Please post the video with the flight log. I'm sorry but I find this difficult to believe. I did a hover test a little bit ago. I HOVERED for the entire flight & got 24.35 down to 0%. This was HOVERING in P-mode with collision avoidance turned off! You're flying 23 minutes aggressively in Sport mode for 23 minutes with battery left? Please post video & flight log.

Like I said it wasn't "racing" or "aggressive"... Mostly hovering and a little jumping around for boredom.

My apologies if I led anyone to believe I was hard on the sticks back and forth.

I went out for the sole purpose of trying to get the most time. I was pointing out it was in sport so no Collision Avoidance etc.

Fighting the auto landing it went to 9% left and finally forced my hand as it shuttered and finally landed. As you can see 23 minutes.

I think a longer battery life is possible in perfect conditions. I'm determined to try. I may do it in my garage.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You only covered 12,614' in 22 minutes. I think this averages out to around 6.4 mph. I understand you get more flight duration if you fly slowly but this is what I would have to describe as an "aggressively slow" pace. :)

This was non stop aggressive flying in P mode with CA turned off in close to 30mph constant winds in high 30s temperature.

9637f62971a701c8b8a48c67f9d33780.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

As of this log screen shot you have nearly 1 hour 58 minutes of flight time on your P4 in 14 flights & have covered a grand total of 9.971'? You are averaging only 712' & 8.4 minutes per flight. Gee now I think I understand your amazing flight times since you are barely moving! ;)

[/QUOTE]

Hey man I live in Seattle! It's not rained for like three days here since I've had it! I have only got to fly in front of my house because the risk of rain is a daily occurrence here! Haha.

Your words: "I just got 23 minutes racing around in Sport mode! I still think 28 minutes it achievable."

I'm sorry but talk about misleading! That wasn't "racing around in Sport mode!" If you are basically hovering & flying extremely slowly while set to Sport Mode, it is actually using LESS energy than P-mode since the Collision Avoidance is disabled! We are trying to figure out what is going on with real-world battery life so please don't try to skew the numbers with misleading information.

Like I said it wasn't "racing" or "aggressive"... Mostly hovering and a little jumping around for boredom.

My apologies if I led anyone to believe I was hard on the sticks back and forth.

I went out for the sole purpose of trying to get the most time. I was pointing out it was in sport so no Collision Avoidance etc.

Fighting the auto landing it went to 9% left and finally forced my hand as it shuttered and finally landed. As you can see 23 minutes.

I think a longer battery life is possible in perfect conditions. I'm determined to try. I may do it in my garage.

You only covered 12,614' in 22 minutes. I think this averages out to around 6.4 mph. I understand you get more flight duration if you fly slowly but this is what I would have to describe as an "aggressively slow" pace. :)

Like I mentioned before a lot of it was shooting up and down which doesn't calculate for much distance which would bring my average speed down quite a bit. Not only that you can see I was doing a lot of 180 degree turns which would also stress the bird more and lower my average speed quite a bit

My point is you keep making claims about your incredible P4 battery run times. But you are barely even moving! I cover more distance in 4 minutes then you've covered in 2 hours! I understand you like the P4. I do to. But please don't conflate & confuse the battery issue! You aren't flying in a way most of us would consider flying. You are averaging 84.5 feet per minute or .96 mph. None of us fly that way. Snails walk faster! o_O

Hey man I live in Seattle! It's not rained for like three days here since I've had it! I have only got to fly in front of my house because the risk of rain is a daily occurrence here! Haha.

Last edited:
Your words: "I just got 23 minutes racing around in Sport mode! I still think 28 minutes it achievable."

I'm sorry but talk about misleading! That wasn't "racing around in Sport mode!" If you are basically hovering & flying extremely slowly while set to Sport Mode, it is actually using LESS energy than P-mode since the Collision Avoidance is disabled! We are trying to figure out what is going on with real-world battery life so please don't try to skew the numbers with misleading information.

To be fair, accelerating and decelerating hard and frequently will lower average speed and probably use more energy than constant speed flying, even with decreased drag.

Maybe but you have to be at speed to decelerate from speed. That involves moving & racking up distance. He has traveled 9,971' in almost TWO HOURS of flying!

To be fair, accelerating and decelerating hard and frequently will lower average speed and probably use more energy than constant speed flying, even with decreased drag.

My point is you keep making claims about your incredible P4 battery run times. But you are barely even moving! I cover more distance in 4 minutes then you've covered in 2 hours! I understand you like the P4. I do to. But please don't conflate & confuse the battery issue! You aren't flying in a way most of us would consider flying. You are averaging 106.9 feet per minute or 1.2 mph. None of us fly that way. Snails walk faster! o_O
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

My point is you keep making claims about your incredible P4 battery run times. But you are barely even moving! I cover more distance in 4 minutes then you've covered in 2 hours! I understand you like the P4. I do to. But please don't conflate & confuse the battery issue! You aren't flying in a way most of us would consider flying. You are averaging 84.5 feet per minute or .96 mph. None of us fly that way. Snails walk faster! o_O

Well I'm not making claims, I'm stating a fact. A user was talking about getting 23 minutes hover in the backyard.... With all the talks about battery I was curious what I could get with a few cycles on my only battery.

With impending rain and weather I haven't got out to fly, and have just flown in front of my house. I flew my other phantoms tons.... I just haven't ever cared about battery times or distance that much. So to say "none of us fly that way" isn't true, because you don't know. Speak for yourself Dirty Bird, and I'll speak for myself. I have a P4 now because I like it, and everyone on here wants to tell me how wrong I am for liking my Phantom.

I'm just showing what time I got on my battery basically just running it out. Which is barely better than yours on a long flight. So what can we take away? Pretty consistent battery times regardless of what you're doing with it.

I realize you're like a phantom Jedi to most on here... But to me you're not. Just another opinion like my own. Call me what you want... Flying phantoms is not my life, it is one of several of my hobbies. I do what I want, and state what I want. And if I want to hover a battery dead, it's no more or less important than your long range flights. Because each to their own brother!

Reactions: Flytodd's
What you have done is to misrepresent your battery life by making claims that made it appear as though you are flying all over the place getting great battery life far in excess of what those of us actually flying are able to achieve. "Racing around in Sport mode?" I'm sorry but this was a blatant misrepresentation!

If all I cared about was "max battery life" I would turn off everything & hover. But most of us actually FLY the Phantom! We want to go places & do something. Whether it be photos, video, or just flying off into the distance on a long distance run. Those are real-world situations & how most of us use our Phantom. People don't care how long the battery lasts while hovering. They want to know how long it can fly in a useful way.

Oh & BTW...

CP00BFcpAaSbUEKHpq_JtMD2fAeLEKvg5hBrRpP1jpC-Q9paLPCDsUbg1l_R_nnx3xdrqxEKf7eBiAEcN3mZHd2GBDBH9hiYgrIOppuGVxKTXUAVCOWlwbA0XVLMSDvtlZphB859iH4PZ2J24UqotqB68bM7BGhXN6kaw48gxuoVmqI3_fuWv8Te8j1pSrjELv4qIeZH8hWOCWVHk_4foXKbUEkeDh-ddOIj5Sa5IJzc_nt4SCxVk_sZrbOZdW7yUYcS7MuRHQnN-11IYxrxw3-Jj-50EoMYP9ox9x9ePbK_xcDXvRkJ-UavmK_zGHjSObPvjGEJescYX11eQ1I-cSeQRwk3WNQq7fW681THSin6X03QZHdlr3aZmtelMXWT1sXZB-19RtNgjJt8-ZEcdH2mjqlEuhmi2Q-rzFqoLeQdxKi3rFMM3_XujYKDQX7rF6cz2QYogiwgoBHSs6VSlYqy6ZpAotBwHyubIsx9rjQiJ_h7ovs5CP35UHXfU-7NzI_r5TuS-EcBP0eRymjECm5rI82VcvQ4iPoZ7CYmUL3oPQkU5L9SUgN5zrBDvKj5A9OzRA=w1120-h630-no

...I find your lack of faith disturbing! ;)

Well I'm not making claims, I'm stating a fact. A user was talking about getting 23 minutes hover in the backyard.... With all the talks about battery I was curious what I could get with a few cycles on my only battery.

With impending rain and weather I haven't got out to fly, and have just flown in front of my house. I flew my other phantoms tons.... I just haven't ever cared about battery times or distance that much. So to say "none of us fly that way" isn't true, because you don't know. Speak for yourself Dirty Bird, and I'll speak for myself. I have a P4 now because I like it, and everyone on here wants to tell me how wrong I am for liking my Phantom.

I'm just showing what time I got on my battery basically just running it out. Which is barely better than yours on a long flight. So what can we take away? Pretty consistent battery times regardless of what you're doing with it.

I realize you're like a phantom Jedi to most on here... But to me you're not. Just another opinion like my own. Call me what you want... Flying phantoms is not my life, it is one of several of my hobbies. I do what I want, and state what I want. And if I want to hover a battery dead, it's no more or less important than your long range flights. Because each to their own brother!

Lightspeedz- here's the issue: you start a thread saying everything is perfect with your P4 and make some spurious claims there. Then you state you were:
"RACING around in sport mode" when in actuality you were traveling at about 1mph. While you did make me laugh out loud, your credibility here just imploded in a nuclear fashion.

I got 19 mins today while landing at 20%. I only covered a little over 2k ft, but i was repeatedly going from a low hover to 300 or 400 feet trying to get a good shot of the sun setting over the mountains. I'm not sure where vertical distance is accounted for but i feel the battery performance was okay.

Is that all you get out of the 4

If you are asking me, 14 and 15 minutes were the flight times from my first two P4 flights, down to 17% remaining battery, mostly in P mode.

Last edited:
I am totally disappointed by Phantom 4. I was going to buy it, but after all these negative comments gave up. This's my personal record with Phantom 3 pro without mod !!!

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Total Mileage
38,795 ft

Max Distance
14,130 ft

Max Altitude
205.4 ft

Flight Air Time
20m 08s

Takeoff Battery
98%

Landing Battery
6%

Phantom 4 is sucks!!!!

"do not forget to add, the battery is fake bought from banggood "

OK, I seem to come to the conclusion DJI is claiming the P4 battery can last up to 28 minutes, if you disable the Collision Avoidance, don't record video or shoot photo, just take off and let the P4 hover say 3 feet above the ground for the entire flight :p

First flight of mine to 10% battery level; mix of sport, GPS. Video recording entire time at 4K.

Low winds, high humidity, air temp of 33 degrees, sea level. Traveled total distance of around 7000 feet.

24 minutes.

I'm satisfied with that. Seems right about what they claim.

OK, I seem to come to the conclusion DJI is claiming the P4 battery can last up to 28 minutes, if you disable the Collision Avoidance, don't record video or shoot photo, just take off and let the P4 hover say 3 feet above the ground for the entire flight :p
...and fly ONLY in Atti mode! :rolleyes:
P mode and Sport mode use up battery power to correct for normal drifting with the wind/breeze.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik