Phantom 4 Battery Covers - protect battery terminals from a short circuit

Got it. I can make a cap to fit. I'll get back to you.
Did you ever find the time to make the caps for the charger cables? Some way to connect the cap to the cable so it doesn't get lost would be great as well.

Just ordered two of them. Seems like a great idea!
Your payment did not go through for some reason. Please try placing your order again.

Did you ever find the time to make the caps for the charger cables?
Sorry -- my printer was super busy last week. I just picked up another printer and got it up and running over the weekend. Here's a rough draft of the design:

PlugCover.jpg

Kind of what you had in mind?

Sorry -- my printer was super busy last week. I just picked up another printer and got it up and running over the weekend. Here's a rough draft of the design:

View attachment 52022

I wanted to order the charger cable cover, one in white and one in black for the 12 volt charger, is that possible, I didn't see it on your list of items
Are they the battery covers or a different item?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

normr, I'm still working on the charger cable cover. I'll post a message here when it's ready.

View attachment 52022

Yes but I would like some kind of loop on the side so I could tether it to the cable so when the charger is in use the cap doesn't get lost. I will probably use a small zip tie or some paracord. Whenever you get these all ready to go I will be ordering 4 since I just bought a parallel charger today.

Yes but I would like some kind of loop on the side so I could tether it to the cable so when the charger is in use the cap doesn't get lost.
I was thinking this would be nice too. I'll work on it and get back to you.

Reactions: Sinisalo
Thank you :)

Reactions: Derek Mackinnon
Hi msinger, I also got the battery covers from you, they fit perfect. I just want to highlight to everyone. Be careful to remember to remove the cover before inserting it into the P4 or you could potentially damage the contacts inside.
Let us know when you have the charger cable covers available. Thanks!

Sinisalo, how about this?

BatteryCableCover.jpg

Reactions: Sinisalo
craigsdal, if you're referring to the charger cable covers, they should be available near the end of this week. I'll let you know.

Bought 5 and donated a little. Thanks for the service.. Shipping seems high, but anyone that lives in Hawaii is going to complain about that. ;)
Where on HI are you? I'll be on Big Island, Maui, and North Shore O'ahu for about 3 weeks in July to finish an indie we've been shooting there for about a year and finally will wrap production this summer.

If you're around any of these places, you're welcome to come visit our set.

Let me know.

Also, thanks Michael.

Last edited:
Oh ok. So lots of trial and error?

I was thinking of buying a 3d scanner, and scanning the battery, and creating a negative of that. You think thatll work?
Thanks Mike. You're a gentleman. I might have to order a couple of these.

I won't do it for you, eye, but creating these for 3D printing shouldn't prove that difficult if you have any idea how to use a 3D program.

I personally use cinema 4D to create objects I want to print and then use a couple different methods for converting them to be printed.

I'm not going to do it for you out of respect for mikes desires to not give away his designs but any item that you want to reverse engineer, if it's as simple as this, you would measure the item and (use cm) make an exact replica of the item. You can't have zero 3D designing skills but you don't need much for something like this.

To that end, if you ever want help Mike on designing a complicated design of some sort, there isn't much I can't model and rig if it was to have moving parts and id be glad to help you if you ever needed it. Free of charge as I wouldn't mind collaborating with you, just to learn more about the 3D printing side of the process.

I work with cinema 4D, maya and 3ds all of which have export settings designed for print.

Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair