Phantom 4 Battery Charging Hub

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
DJI just released a battery charging hub for the Phantom 4. Here's what it can do:
  • Charge up to 3 batteries (one at a time)
  • Charge batteries up to 50% (for storage)
Note: This will not charge 3 batteries at the same time. It charges one battery completely and then starts charging the next battery.

See more details about the charging hub on DJI's website here.

medium_P4_Part_8_______7_.JPG

large_P4_Part_8_______1_.JPG

medium_P4_Part_8_______8_.JPG

I was waiting for DJI to release a multi-charging hub but hoped it would have the capability of charging multiple batteries at once. I think for the price of this unit it might make more sense to just purchase another charger so two can be charged simultaneously. I see the value in this unit for convenience and the "trickle charge" storage setting is useful but was just hoping for something different.

Been waiting for something similar, a bit expensive, but atleast useful to charge during travelling different places, atleast dont have to wait and plug one after the other.

But 90 dooolaaas.? Man thats a bit expensive.?

Last edited:
What a stupid accessory. One at a time. People, save your money and get up and change the batteries after each charge. I do. For anyone saying you could let hem charge while asleep or out of the room. That is dangerous. Lipo batts MUST NEVER be left unattended while charging. I have a friend who learnt the hard way and lost half his kitchen in a lipo fire. Not a Dji product but lipos are all the same.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Supply a charger with greater current handling and have them charge simultaneously and we have a sale.

Reactions: WRXJIM
DJI.... $90 bucks... that's crazy. We all know this is a 49.99 piece of equipment. Stop gouging people

Reactions: TK-421 and Kans
$160 Australian price. LOL.....not

DJI.... $90 bucks... that's crazy. We all know this is a 49.99 piece of equipment. Stop gouging people
wonder what goes on in their minds when pricing a piece of plastic...... sure can't have more electronics than the charger themselves..... and 90 for this..... if its 40 i would have been game....

I get what they are doing, but I don't agree with it. They only want to charge one battery at a time because your existing charger is the power source and it's rated for one battery at a time (and MAYBE your controller). It's got the "storage" option, but these batteries are intelligent enough to take themselves down to storage charge after <x> days idle anyway. So they are charging $90USD for a charger that needs the existing charger to be of any use at all and will still only do one battery at a time. You are only saved the hassle of unplugging and plugging.That's a bad design and a lot of money for a plastic shell with some switching logic.

You would be MUCH further ahead just buying a second charger.

Reactions: Kans
You would be MUCH further ahead just buying a second charger.
One thing is for sure -- this is certainly not a product someone should buy to get further ahead. I always use my Phantom 3 charging hub to charge my batteries (even though I have four Phantom 3 chargers). It works out well for me since I always charge the day before I fly and I'm never in a hurry to charge them. Furthermore, I really don't want to deal with the hassle of hooking up for separate chargers. It's not for everyone, but I enjoy using it.

One thing is for sure -- this is certainly not a product someone should buy to get further ahead. I always use my Phantom 3 charging hub to charge my batteries (even though I have four Phantom 3 chargers). It works out well for me since I always charge the day before I fly and I'm never in a hurry to charge them. Furthermore, I really don't want to deal with the hassle of hooking up for separate chargers. It's not for everyone, but I enjoy using it.

Is that the one people on here have been reviewing comparable to the P3 blue that can charge 3 batteries and the controller at the same time? I've been reading good reviews but was hoping there would be a few more responses and reviews before I made my decision. Plus I was waiting for the DJI version which obviously now was a bust.

Is that the one people on here have been reviewing comparable to the P3 blue that can charge 3 batteries and the controller at the same time?
No. I'm referring to the Phantom 3 battery charging hub. It's similar to the above charging hub.

There is a multi-charger out for the Phantom 4. I saw a few people here mention they bought it, but I don't think anyone received it yet.

Charged my battery in a little over an hour, here is a video of it in progress, it's as loud as the blue ones for the P3, the fan shut off when it reached 4 lights and continued quietly until complete when the battery lights turned off as usual.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is the one I was referring to.

Ah, so, someone did receive it. The black charger is the new blue :)

Other people in that thread stated they charged all 3 batteries at one time and it worked fine. If this in fact the new P3 blue that everyone had and reviewed so well then I may have to go with this version, I did see one on Amazon for $67.

I received that black charger last week. It works great. Fully charged all 3 batteries took same amount of time as the original charger.

No. I'm referring to the Phantom 3 battery charging hub. It's similar to the above charging hub.

There is a multi-charger out for the Phantom 4. I saw a few people here mention they bought it, but I don't think anyone received it yet.
I received mine last week. Only took a few weeks to get. Will do a video tonight

Reactions: msinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31