Phantom 4 batteries not working on P4Pro

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong since I see people using Phantom 4 batteries on the P4Pro. The 2 new Phantom 4 batteries I received for my P4Pro both do not work. The aircraft will take of but after a minute it announces that it will autoland due to low voltage? Also I saw a note about something that said: power is reduced due to battery.... (can't remember completely)

This happens to both my standard phantom 4 batteries.

Anyone has an idea?

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong since I see people using Phantom 4 batteries on the P4Pro. The 2 new Phantom 4 batteries I received for my P4Pro both do not work. The aircraft will take of but after a minute it announces that it will autoland due to low voltage? Also I saw a note about something that said: power is reduced due to battery.... (can't remember completely)

Anyone has an idea?
They are both fully charged?

Not 100%, but at least enough so that it should fly for 5 minutes >40-50%. normally it will prompt to autoland when batterylevel is below 30%.

Not 100%, but at least enough so that it should fly for 5 minutes >40-50%. normally it will prompt to autoland when batterylevel is below 30%.
I wouldn't fly starting with 40-50% to start. Your prob having problem mainly because your not upgraded on the old batteries. But your system should be prompting you to do a battery upgrade on your reg P4 batteries. I had to do it to all 3 of mine. They work fine after that. About 2 or 3 less minutes of flight with it compared to the P4P battery though.

I guess updating shall do the trick then! Will look into this. Thanks guys, will let know if things worked out:)

I guess updating shall do the trick then! Will look into this. Thanks guys, will let know if things worked out:)
Yeah it should automatically prompt you when you open up the Go App. It takes maybe a min. Not sure why your not getting the prompt from the app.

I wouldn't fly starting with 40-50% to start. Your prob having problem mainly because your not upgraded on the old batteries. But your system should be prompting you to do a battery upgrade on your reg P4 batteries. I had to do it to all 3 of mine. They work fine after that. About 2 or 3 less minutes of flight with it compared to the P4P battery though.
I agree, you should never take off with 40-50% battery.

Hi Everyone,

Anyone has an idea?
Hi, hi have buyed a p4 battery for my p4pro... bad idea!
The battery work without problem ( if they are original ), not needed any update because things all your drone, are the same measure, voltage, weight...just 2 grams.
The difference are the capacity ( only 500mah, but if you are lucky, over about 6000mah ), the Wh to discharge ( 81 vs 88 about ) , the price - 50$ .
Is a bad idea, because to save 50$, I will flyght no more of 10/20 minutes and the battery are at 45°... with the other battery, I fly up to 24min. With only 38° and save more percentage that no stress the battery and may be in future to have a good healt respect at the p4 battery.
Sorry for my english, my batteri for the p4 not have a Red triangle....many battery sell on amazon, ebay have a Red triangle and I donT know the difference, if are original or not, but in Italia the Red triangle do not exist....also dji confirm that p4 battery are good for p4pro and viceversa.
Send back your battery, not have enough power, may be are detefect if this is original... I want NEVER fly with a battery that the drone tell me TO AUTOLAND....also after a few days an this decide to go!
Sorry my bad english, very elementary...ps due the battery temperature, here is winter and I have about 4/8° on my country.
Ciao :)

Hi Lescenatt, because I am not able to order the new high capacity battery here. And the shop I preordered offered me 2 P4 batterys instead of the 1 P4pro battery I ordered.

Trust me theuniqueview. Reg P4 batteries will work fine but you'll get a couple less minutes of flight time. I've been using them for 2 months now in cold temps too. Hopefully there are not some cheap knock-offs out there that are causing issues.

I do not understand why I shouldn't? I fly multirotors and heli's for years and once I have landed with a battery that is half empty I always fly it a bit more.
It probably will not do that after you update the batteries man. Try that first. It's because of the specs not matching up until you update it I'm sure. But I still would not go out very far at all if I were only starting with 50%!

Trust me theuniqueview. Reg P4 batteries will work fine but you'll get a couple less minutes of flight time. I've been using them for 2 months now in cold temps too. Hopefully there are not some cheap knock-offs out there that are causing issues.

Ok, then it should just be the update!

It probably will not do that after you update the batteries man. Try that first. It's because of the specs not matching up until you update it I'm sure. But I still would not go out very far at all if I were only starting with 50%!

I'm never flying far out. A couple of 100 meters is far in my case!

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I do not understand why I shouldn't? I fly multirotors and heli's for years and once I have landed with a battery that is half empty I always fly it a bit more.

Please take a few minutes of your time to read this thread. It will shed light on why you should not take off on a partially charged battery, DJI drones are completely different animals.

In the thread below the OP learned a lesson the hard way, and the risks of taking off on a partially charged battery.

Just lost pro 3 in the ocean.

Last edited:
If you were to upload your flight record here: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
You would see that your battery voltage was much lower than you thought and that triggered a critical low battery autolanding.
As the manual says, only fly with a fully charged battery.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I understand that the voltage can drop due to a sudden throttle input, lower temperatures, high winds etc., but having to return home and recharge my 60% empty battery sounds exaggerated if your not flying out far in cold, high wind circumstances..

Anyway: I updated my batteries and they are working fine. Thanks for the comments!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20