Phantom 4... Awful range?

Are you running a custom channel at 4mbps bit rate? Are you flying in a high RF noise area ? I assume you had the antennas pointed up and kept them parallel to the legs of the craft, correct?

Auto setting.. Everything stock since this it's still new. Flew over water... No interferences that I know of.. Used to get over 10k' with my p3a with no signal loss... Really strange

Strange , your using android .. But app version 2.8.1 was crap on iOS , so maybe the same here.. My p4 range was shot to hell.

Now the iOS app is updated to 2.8.3 all issues and been sorted .. I've been seeing repeated range test of over 4500m

Took my p4 on my 3rd flight maybe.. Wanted to test limit at night.. Latest firmware.. Flew over the beach.. And the signal was god awful!

Here is a link to the flight... Is this what I can expect from the p4? Very disappointed...

Any thoughts?

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Yours actually double mines. I get like 4-5000ft out and it starts to lose signal.

I get the same or less with my P3P. I also live in a heavily forested area.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Took my p4 on my 3rd flight maybe.. Wanted to test limit at night.. Latest firmware.. Flew over the beach.. And the signal was god awful!

Here is a link to the flight... Is this what I can expect from the p4? Very disappointed...

Any thoughts?

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

My P4 is flying better and further than ever with the new updates. 4500m today on my first test flight still with full signal.
9e06e72d34b3adc27580bb80ea4747a2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm going to have to try this channel hack. I live in suburban area and I can barely get 2200 FEET

Location Location Location, I have more range than the battery can bring me back. If I fly toward my home town just over a mile away and as soon as I get between 2 cell towers I lose signal. Out in the country no problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj