Phantom 4 Audio recording

Reaction score
New phantom owner here, After reviewing my footage I noticed there is no audio.

Is the P4 equipped with a mic? Not sure if I missed a setting or if it does not record audio.

Before people chime in and say all you will hear is the blades. The P4 will not be in flight at the time of needing to capture audio.

As said, no audio. Nor is there any reason for DJI to add it. The majority of people have no reason to want it. People that do want it are generally planning to use it as a handheld camera but that would only cut into their Osmo sales.

But there is an easy solution that will give you better sound quality as well, use an external recorder

I also have a hexacopter with a GoPro camera.. It can record sound. You can turn sound recording on and off. I always leave it off.

When sound recording turned on, all you hear when watching a video is the buzzing of the engines. It really gets annoying after a couple of minutes.

As said, no audio. Nor is there any reason for DJI to add it. The majority of people have no reason to want it. People that do want it are generally planning to use it as a handheld camera but that would only cut into their Osmo sales.

But there is an easy solution that will give you better sound quality as well, use an external recorder

Just takes up data.

Should be an option.

Flight audio can be a good diagnostic too for incidents and threat situations.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik