Phantom 4 arrived. Can't connect

Reaction score
My Phantom 4 arrived today, have yet to be able to connect to it. Uninstalled DJI Go and installed DJI Go 4. Still shows disconnected when I power everything on. Charging batteries to see if that helps. When I got my P3S it was as simple as powering up and it linked. Really hoping I do not have to send this back.

What kind of device?? same one as you used on your P3S? I tried used an android phone (forget the exact model) and it would not connect..turns out it was one of the models that is not compatible

I am starting to think I have a bad controller. Been charging for 20 minutes and still have one solid white light and one flashing. Rebooted controller and it started beeping, would not stop till powered off.

I am starting to think I have a bad controller. Been charging for 20 minutes and still have one solid white light and one flashing. Rebooted controller and it started beeping, would not stop till powered off.
Your controller could take Hours to charge fully. 20 mins with one solid white light is completely normal.

Sent from my Current position

Your controller could take Hours to charge fully. 20 mins with one solid white light is completely normal.

Also, when the controller is fully charged all lights will turn off.

Turn on RC then turn on AC. Solid green light will now show on RC. P4 is now connected.

I have a green light on the controller and it is linked to the drone as I can move the camera. All I get on my screen is disconnected on both of my devices.

I have a green light on the controller and it is linked to the drone as I can move the camera. All I get on my screen is disconnected on both of my devices.
Try disconnecting USB on controller end. Force close ALL running apps including GO 4. Plug USB back in and see if it will connect for you. This has happened with me (Android) and that sequence seems to help.

Another option is to turn on P4 first.
Connect device to RC.
Start GO 4
Then turn on RC.
GO 4 should now start and show ..GO FLY
This has also worked for me. ( On Android )

Yea, I tried two cables and two different android devices. On chat with DJI right now but that is taking forever.

USB debugging should be off also.
Settings
Developer options
Debugging

Ok, I have no idea why, but after switching BACK to the factory USB cable it started working. I did try that one when it would not work to start with. But I had a short cable that I was using after that. I went back to the one that came with it and all is well. Thanks for all the help, I feel like such a noob.

I know you have it figured out now, but here are the steps that I use and have never had an issue:
Power up controller.
Power up P4.
Start DJI Go (or whatever app you prefer)
Plug in to phone/tablet.

Reactions: BuickGS
I've been having a similar problem with my Android setup. The bird connected with the RC (green light) and although I could move the camera, there was nothing on the screen and it displayed "disconnected". It was driving me nuts and cost me a good video at a site I was waiting over and hour for.

Came home and did some testing.

Changed cables. Worked a few times, then nothing. Tried starting in different order. Tried moving between DJI Go and DJI Go 4. No changes.

Then I thought back and had set up DJI Go4 as the "default" application when it was connected to the RC.

Changed that back to not having a default (I have to select between DJI Go or DJI Go4) and it has started up perfectly for the last ten attempts during my tests last night and today.

At the end of a flight I shut down the P4, remove dead battery and replace with a fresh battery, restart the bird and the controller picks up right where it left off.

Hopefully this will help out somebody having a similar problem. Basically I removed the "default app" status of the DJI Go app.

This is with a P4, Samsung Tab E (Android) and all updates complete.

I realize it sounds odd but so far it has "solved" the lack of connection problem perfectly.

AD

Reactions: BuickGS
I think I still have mine set as default app. At least, when I turn on my controller the app auto starts. I am still not sure if my Nexus 7 tablet will be powerful enough to run the app. Went out this afternoon for an initial test flight, took drone up on an auto launch and it would slowly decent. Took it back up a bit more and it would still slowly decent. Did an auto land and it seemed to land pretty hard. Actually, it almost tipped. With my P3S, on autoland, it would come down pretty quick, then with about a foot left it would stop and go very slow. P4 did not do that. So, I took it all back inside, to go over settings. Sitting on the counter I got a Gimbal shake error along with some sensor errors. Rebooted everything and THEN is told me the controller needed a firmware update. Did that, rebooted and it acted much better. Going to try another test flight tomorrow weather permitting. Just going to go up and hover a while till I know everything is working well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4