Phantom 4 altitude displaying as a negative number

After multiple attempts to correct, I gave up and sent back to DJI for repair. That was four weeks to the day from when shipped to when it was returned!! That's ridiculous! They had to replace the main controller board and sonar I believe is what they stated.

When I was filling out the form for the repair it was asking for the issues so I went through the flight logs and found the issue was much worse than I thought. My last hand capture showed 209 feet of elevation!! Imagine if I had to do a return to home with that? It would have slammed into the ground!

I have done two flights since it was repaired. Everything seems to be perfect now and although I forgot to mention that my GPS hold was horrible (it would drift around 3-4 feet) it seems rock steady right now! I did notice a faint clicking noise when I turned on the quad but a quick search indicates this is from the sonar and very common and a non-issue. I did not have that previously. If you've ever worn electronic ear muffs and put your cell phone right next to them you get electrical interference and the sound is very similar to that.

I tried the factory reset, compass calibration, IMU calibration and none of it helped. While getting DJI to fix it was painless (and on their dime) the waiting was excruciating, lol!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4