Phantom 4 advanced alloy frame?

S

sandman259

2bc393b92721b6a210cde640325e866c.jpg

[QUOTE="sandman259, post: 1162378, member: 57021.
All the Phantom 4 series have this while the P3 was all plastic inside.
i-QwLsZvQ-L.jpg

And the alloy lower housing
i-zvJJtNc-L.jpg
[/QUOTE]
The way that DJI framed the words made it seem like the p4 advance had something new under the hood. That's some marketing right there! Thanks for the info Meta!

Could be an alloy containing both magnesium and titanium. Very likely contains aluminum too.
There are no commercial alloys of Magnesium and Titanium although both alloy with Aluminum. The P4A chassis is almost certainly Grade 5 Titanium with 6% Aluminum and 4% Vanadium. It is as strong as high alloy steel with about half the weight. The P4 Magnesium chassis could be any one of dozens of alloys all of which will have much more bulk and a little more weight than a similar strength Titanium structure so the P4A would have more room for operational hardware.

I would have liked to see the chassis extend out into the arms (even right out to the motors) for improved fatigue crack resistance but I guess they had to stop somewhere and that would have required a redesign of the P4 shell as well. I am surprised to see DJI use the Titanium because there would not have been much weight saving over the Magnesium but it would have cost a fair bit more. They must have really needed the extra room.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj