Phantom 4 Advance

That flight you show is less than 4000ft (not meters), which is less than a mile. But like I said, it's about reliability, sometimes you can reach a mile, but most of the time I experience disconnects starting at about 4000ft using GL300C controller. However with GL658 controller, 2+ miles no problem flying P4 in most anywhere, and 3+ miles in rural areas.

Hey Elia, I was near you last month, only 5mi to the south, check this.

Nice video, did you get special permission to go into a NFZ?

For what it's worth, you may as well get the pro, seeing how it's only $150 more.
DJI store

4b068eca2e9207e1495ea4376504bd2d.jpg

I would definitely NOT buy the Advanced. It uses the same old GL300C controller that comes with P4. It's a weak controller, you'll need to upgrade it right away with a directional antenna if you want to fly over a mile away with a reasonable level of video down-link reliability. The new P4P controller with 5.8Ghz has much better range. DJI has bumped up the transmit power of the 5.8 band, providing a 3 to 4 mile range with the stock omni-directional antenna. For a mere $150 more, the value of the P4P is way better than P4A. You won't outgrow the P4P nearly as fast. It's all about distance and signal integrity, IMHO.

I fly a Phantom 4 Advanced and have flown over 4km and have full signal and uninterrupted video down-link. If that a weak controller I'm very happy LOL.

For black Friday, it's $300 cheaper. Not worth spending that much for some sensors and a controller that adds on some rename beyond 4km.

I fly a Phantom 4 Advanced and have flown over 4km and have full signal and uninterrupted video down-link. If that a weak controller I'm very happy LOL.
I'm glad it's working for you for that distance, that's pretty good. I didn't mean to offend, but I'm spoiled I guess. The GL300C with my P4 had a hard time being reliable past 1 mile, that's why I'm not a fan. When I measured different controllers for output, the results mirrored my experience for flying distance. In really rural areas I could push the P4 out 3miles with a windsurfer on a good day, but not reliably, it got really quirky after 2mil. It wasn't until I started using a GL658A Inspire controller (the results of my RF signal measuring) that I was happy with my P4 range (3mi reliably), and my GL300C has been in my closet every since.

With my P4P I'm comfortable going beyond 4mi (6400KM) using a windsurfer on 5.8Ghz, which to this day still amazes me. It's pretty darn stable at that distance. I have a friend going 5 miles in urban areas.

The beauty of the 5.8ghz band is that it's not as prevalent for home/business wifi usage, so there's less interference in urban areas. Also the fact that 5.8ghz doesn't penetrate walls well helps keep the wifi signals indoors, again minimizing interference outside where we fly. To me the 5.8Ghz band is well worth the extra cost, based on my comparisons to my other DJI craft, which includes P4, P3P and Mavic. I would have never attempted these flights in the Rockies with my other craft, just not enough range.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj