Phantom 3s vs 3a for someone on a budget?

Get the advanced. Had the standard and the WiFi connection is bad. Lose video feed at 50 metres. The advanced is a lot more better. Are you in the UK? If so go to very.co.UK and get it on the buy now pay 12 months later 0% interest free. That's what I done. Just pay £60 a month for it

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app
My wifi video feed never cuts out, I took it on a litchi mission and the radio signal cut out long before the video feed ever did.

I'm a high school student so my income is extremely limited, I don't have much of a budget for my hobbies. I saved up for a standard and i'm pretty happy with it. 99% of people on here will tell you to go with the advanced, it does offer more range and better connection quality if you plan to fly in a more populated area, one with many homes/wifi networks. The standard is great piece of technology, anyone who reasons the standard is bad because it can't fly over 50 meters has a defect with their drone. I have made a cheap antenna mod and can fly over 2000 meters, I was flying over 1000 meters away completely stock. I would suggest the advanced along with the rest of the users here unless that $200 really makes a difference to you.

I'm a high school student so my income is extremely limited, I don't have much of a budget for my hobbies. I saved up for a standard and i'm pretty happy with it. 99% of people on here will tell you to go with the advanced, it does offer more range and better connection quality if you plan to fly in a more populated area, one with many homes/wifi networks. The standard is great piece of technology, anyone who reasons the standard is bad because it can't fly over 50 meters has a defect with their drone. I have made a cheap antenna mod and can fly over 2000 meters, I was flying over 1000 meters away completely stock. I would suggest the advanced along with the rest of the users here unless that $200 really makes a difference to you.
Yep I agree, People hate on it here but it is a good drone, they need to fly a cheap non gps drone and then tell me that the standard isn't a good drone....

The range depends on location .... not only that but CE versions have reduced power levels that can be upped by software.

If you are worried about warranty then do not use any modifying software / items - with software the internal log will record the facts.

CE versions are rated for 500m and FAA for 1000m ..... both less in populated high RF areas.

I'm happy with my Standard for what I wanted - but like everything in life - you soon hanker for more.

Nigel

Hi,
I was looking to get into drone flying, and after a cheap toy I want to upgrade to somthing more heavy duty.
Ive been reading around but there isn't no straight list of pro's and con's.
At the moment I thug 3s plus case and battery is better than just the 3a drone, but I don't know enough to want to invest money. Please help :)

I have had all 3 phantom 3 models

have sold all but the p3pro

They are ALL awesome and amazing devices and the value is tremendous.
If though you can in any way , go for the ADV or PRO

You will not be disappointed know matter what you chose

but the difference with LIGHTBRIDGE is worth the extra dollars

good luck and have fun flying!

Used DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter with 2.7K CP.PT.000160

I have had good luck with a P3 Standard. If budget is a major issue, it's hard to pass up current prices. A P3S can be purchased now for close to $400.

I just picked up a standard as well after getting an advanced from Best Buy with a faulty remote control and they had no more advanced available period! So please feel free to share any tips for range extension etc...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik