Phantom 3pro lost motor mid flight.....total loss

looking at the top back screw looks a tad worn but what makes me look at this image is, look at the end of the prop are, the small screw at the end that just nips the tips together, on a mk1 p3p thatshould be a smaller philipsi screw and not that one i see? alsospiral scuffing in the bottom left screw
so looks to me as if the shell has been opened

WRONG !!! Shell is never been open, As I stated before I had cero issues with my phantom prior to this incident, I am a very experienced R/C pilot on both airplanes and helicoptes, and I did a very extensive preflight check that day, looking for loose screws and of course, HAIRLINE CRACKS, none found, this is a very simple case of poor desing, nothin else. PERIOD
yer but youve been at the screws and if experienced pilot stick to the law how the hell can you see your phantom or even screen (phone at that) at times.
here let all see what i mean

Ok you asked for it as i think you edited the video out so we cant see what really happened up the log file or show us the path video from the phone, oh wait youve deleted it.. thought so.. and rc pilot of helis? did you fly them over congested areas in fog too? their is more to this than meets the eye.
Ill leave it at that now as i sure others and DJI will suss you out.. they will read your logs and data from your phantom too

Last edited:
looking at the top back screw looks a tad worn but what makes me look at this image is, look at the end of the prop are, the small screw at the end that just nips the tips together, on a mk1 p3p thatshould be a smaller philipsi screw and not that one i see? alsospiral scuffing in the bottom left screw
so looks to me as if the shell has been opened

WRONG !!! Shell is never been open, As I stated before I had cero issues with my phantom prior to this incident, I am a very experienced R/C pilot on both airplanes and helicoptes, and I did a very extensive preflight check that day, looking for loose screws and of course, HAIRLINE CRACKS, none found, this is a very simple case of poor desing, nothin else. PERIOD
No one is accusing you Airnuts but the photos clearly show tampering of the screws by someone and likely was the cause of your crash. If you bought it new then there are only two possibilities as to how this occurred. DJI will examine the parts and will honor your claim if they believe "they" were responsible. I've never heard or seen a motor separation remotely close to this. Please keep us all posted.

No one is accusing you Airnuts but the photos clearly show tampering of the screws by someone and likely was the cause of your crash. If you bought it new then there are only two possibilities as to how this occurred. DJI will examine the parts and will honor your claim if they believe "they" were responsible. I've never heard or seen a motor separation remotely close to this. Please keep us all posted.
°°° There's pictures of motors coming out of the frames just like this one all over the internet and all over this forum, even listed in the beginning of this thread°°°... It's the same ol' problem that happens with the old style frame time and time again...

Motor broke out of body

Sudden crash

Strong Arm Reinforcement Plates

Sorry for the loss and the pucker factor it must have induced. DJI HAS to cover this type of catastrophic failure!

I would like to send you a set of the Arm Reinforcements that I make. Once you get the bird warrantied please let me know and I will send you a set to keep you, your family, other people and property safe.

That's how I roll.

Here is a picture in white on my bird. I also can print in a variety of other colors if you desire.

With these mounted your motors aren't going anywhere!

31pQ1hQQvwZBaP7xQVQnyAUCZ7NBlw6mNFCm4M_j9xo
Can you post another pic? I can't see this one for some reason. Also can you give me some more info on these Arm Reinforcements? Thanks!

This is really of great concern. I find it difficult to accept that a company will allow their clients to continue using potential dangerous products, products that can seriously harm or even kill people. Must say this is were my loyalty stops.........after reading this report both my P3A & P3P will go up for sale. Will be in the market for something more reliable and of non-chinese design & manufacture.......
Good Luck!

Reactions: Dounin Front
Sorry for the loss and the pucker factor it must have induced. DJI HAS to cover this type of catastrophic failure!

I would like to send you a set of the Arm Reinforcements that I make. Once you get the bird warrantied please let me know and I will send you a set to keep you, your family, other people and property safe.

That's how I roll.

Here is a picture in white on my bird. I also can print in a variety of other colors if you desire.

With these mounted your motors aren't going anywhere!

31pQ1hQQvwZBaP7xQVQnyAUCZ7NBlw6mNFCm4M_j9xo

BDOG ,I cant see image of the supports your talking about ,but I am new to thise hobby and this story is scaring me , where can i see these arm supports ? Thanks

Unfortunately thats what we HAVE TO do. The arms are a point of failure over time. If this was not the case then we would not have numerous topics that concern this very issue.

Seat belts save lives. Arm Reinforcement save drone motors and arms.

Not trying to minimise the fact that the arms and shell for that matter should be robust enough to handle a lifetime of trouble free oepration.

The arm reinforcements are a gift . No cost to you. I want the new Phantom to be protected.

You know where to find me. :p
Bdog i checked my bird and sure enough i have a crack under one of my motors , e bay has the brackets but there all over seas , would rather buy usa ,do you sell on e bay ? Thanks mike

BDOG, how do I order Arm Reinforcements? It's scary what happen to Airnuts drone and I'm all about being safe while flying! If it happen to him, it can happen to any of us.

One week old, No crashes, no rough handling and clearly Not a Mark on it except for the stress fractures!
I got this a Week ago today and have flown for about 2 hours. I Only found this today thanks to this thread.
To me it simply looks like the screws have been over tightened from factory but I can not say whether these fractures where there or not the night I opened the box.
Sucks.

CRACKED ENGINE HOUSING P3P.jpg

One week old, No crashes, no rough handling and clearly Not a Mark on it except for the stress fractures!
I got this a Week ago today and have flown for about 2 hours. I Only found this today thanks to this thread.
To me it simply looks like the screws have been over tightened from factory but I can not say whether these fractures where there or not the night I opened the box.
Sucks.

View attachment 54929
If its only 1 week old send it back to where it came as it should be replaced on the spot withing the first 14 or 28 days
good luck

It was purchased from a dealer off ebay. I'm unsure as to whether it's the ebay dealer or DJI that I should be seeking help from.
I have let them both know the story though and DJI have responded first asking for pictures and numbers and an invoice.

I also have a P3S that was 4 months old and the 5.8g panel shat itself and they came to my house and picked it up and replaced it under warranty. So far I literally have Zero complaints with DJI's after service. Very helpful. Whomever sorts me out with my Professional, I hope it's done ASAP as I was really enjoying belting around with the extra distance and higher quality video.

Cheers Chris.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav