Phantom 3P or Phantom 4?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm wondering if I should buy the p4 or p3p. It is not a lot of different for the money, and the p5 is releasing in 5-6 months. I was thinking the p3pro for the price, but now I'm thinking a bit more because the p5 is coming in 5 months. Should I choose the p3p? Even if it's going to be really
Old soon?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The P3P is a great bird and will continue to be even after the P5 has been released. Since money is not a factor here, it really comes down to the features. Buy the Phantom that works best for you feature-wise.

Reactions: Falcon900 and Meta4
The P4 is the best Phantom out right now. DJI made a lot of nice improvements. If all you're after is good footage though, both the P3P and P4 are nearly identical.

The P4 is the best Phantom out right now. DJI made a lot of nice improvements. If all you're after is good footage though, both the P3P and P4 are nearly identical.

I don't really need more features , I had the p3 standard, sent to repair and thinking of replacing it with one of them. Is the p4 actually really more stable ? (when VPS is not enabled)

I'd be inclined to think that the feature and capability difference between the Phantom 5 and the Phantom 4 will be a lot less than the difference between the Phantom 5 and the P3P. If the money difference isn't a big deal then I'd go for the latest version and get the P4, assuming you don't want to wait and take a chance on either the P5 or the Mavic.

I bought a P3P after the P4 came out (because of plummeting P3 prices) and I don't regret it except for the stress cracks problem on P3's. I'd probably buy a P3P again if I was buying another Phantom because you can get them for so much cheaper than the P4.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'd be inclined to think that the feature and capability difference between the Phantom 5 and the Phantom 4 will be a lot less than the difference between the Phantom 5 and the P3P. If the money difference isn't a big deal then I'd go for the latest version and get the P4, assuming you don't want to wait and take a chance on either the P5 or the Mavic.

The phantom 5 probably will be to expensive for me anyway hahahah, so I will try the p4 is possible:) or I'll simply go for the p3p:) My standard is in repairing, which if takes over 30 days I'll get a free new one, which is most likely to happend:) because it has to go to German from Norway. Then I will either upgrade to p4 or pro.

I don't really need more features , I had the p3 standard, sent to repair and thinking of replacing it with one of them. Is the p4 actually really more stable ? (when VPS is not enabled)

I have been flying my P4 for a few weeks, it replaced my Phantom 2 V+. Last week, I flew my buddy's P3P for him to get video of a firearms course he was teaching. I did indeed find that my Phantom 4 was more stable than his P3P.

I bought a P3P after the P4 came out (because of plummeting P3 prices) and I don't regret it except for the stress cracks problem on P3's. I'd probably buy a P3P again if I was buying another Phantom because you can get them for so much cheaper than the P4.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks for reply :)

Is the p4 actually really more stable ?
My P4 does hover in place just a bit better than my P3P. I wouldn't pay hundreds more just for that improvement though. Now, things like the locking props, redundancy, etc. make it worth the difference in my eyes. Like I said though, it really comes down to the features that are important to you.

My P4 does hover in place just a bit better than my P3P. I wouldn't pay hundreds more just for that improvement though. Now, things like the locking props, redundancy, etc. make it worth the difference in my eyes. Like I said though, it really comes down to the features that are important to you.

Ok, I'm an 13 year old , so we'll see what my parents say, the extra features is no need:) but if my parents say ok for p4 ofc I'll go
For p4:) if not at least I'm
Getting the p3 pro:) Check out my footage guys:) The footage is old, but pretty good I think for an 13 year old ;)

YouTube.com/c/voltagetm

The P3A is a nice bird too if you don't need to shoot video in 4K.

The P4 does have the dual-compass setup which could be beneficial if you're in an area that has a lot of interference.

Also, it seems likely that future updates for the P3 will be fewer and further between than for the P4, just because it's "old" by now (I put old in quotes because the **** thing has only been out for eighteen months, yet that's already an eternity in UAV world) and if there's one thing all companies hate, it's supporting older models of a product.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl