Phantom 3P Gimbal points slightly to the left after each start up procedure.

Reaction score
Dear DJI’s equipment users

A few days ago I bought brand new (form the shop) Phantom 3 Professional.
Since the very first time I observe that every time I do start my Transmitter (RC) first and the Phantom next the GIMBAL is going through the self-test (moving in every available direction) which is normal procedure and stops in the final position which I believe should be straight ahead.

What I observed in my case is the fact that the GIMBAL STOPS ALWAYS IN THE SAME POSITION POINTING SLIGHTLY TO THE LEFT (round about 5 degrees). To have a leveled horizon I need to “Adjust Roll” with -0,8°.
Please see the pictures for reference.
gimbal1.jpg
gimbal2.jpg

Reading international forums I did proposed suggestions in similar cases but this does not helped in my case. The problem I have is from the beginning (unboxing) with the previous and present software / firmware I used:
iOS 8 and iOS 9;
DJI GO App version 2.4.2;
RC 1.3.20 and the latest 1.5.70
Phantom 1.4.10 and the latest 1.5.30

I did a few IMU calibrations straight after powering up the Phantom (not used for several hours) and on top of that I did the Auto Gimbal Calibration as well.
I did these calibrations in different places but always on the leveled and flat surface.

May I ask you to check yours Phantoms how they behavior, and what is the final position of GIMBAL after self-test (before you even start the motors) PLEASE?

May question is does the GIMBAL should point exactly straight forward?

Thank you in advance for your responds to this message.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub