Phantom 3P falls out of sky

Reaction score
I was flying my phantom on vacation. I was 300 feet up about 100 feet out. No big deal but i lost signal instantly. It didn't get weak like it normally does when your too far away. It just cut out. Moved my controller to try to get signal. I hear it buzzing out of the sky and into the water. What happened? Will DJI refund me as flyaway if i send my flight log? I have recording up until I lost signal.

DJI is not going to refund you just because the signal cut out. That could easily happen if something blocked the signal, you faced the remote controller away from your Phantom, etc. Post your logs here if you'd like people to comment on them.

Why would a signal loss result in it plummeting out of the sky? Ive lost signal several times and it just hovers.

A lost signal will not cause it to fall out of the sky. Check out your logs. They should tell you exactly what happened.

Your logs are saying you took off at 63% battery and your battery shut off when the voltage hit 3V as you made the steep climb at the end of your flight. Was the battery at 63% on takeoff?

No fully charged. It was maybe at 95% by the time i took off. But the props were still spinning when it hit the water. I could hear it buzzing.
Thank you for your help.

But the props were still spinning when it hit the water.
Odd. Your log stops when your Phantom is 357 feet in the air.

No fully charged. It was maybe at 95% by the time i took off.
Did you take off multiple times with that same battery? And, did you see 95% in the DJI GO app?

That is when I saw no signal. I was gaining altitude, looking around. I saw the landing gear in the bottom left of the screen and boom no signal. I can see the archived recording on my ipad. The recording stopped when i saw no signal.

The recording stopped when i saw no signal.
If the battery shut off (which is what your logs indicate), it would make sense for the video to stop and the app to show no signal.

What is my next step? Suffer with my loss?

Did my flight logs say i had good voltage up until the 3v no signal?

I'm still curious about one thing. How did you know the battery was at around 95%? Where and how did you verify that?

I checked the battery before i put it in the phantom by pressing the button, said full bars. I had just fully charged it recently. Assumed it was at 95% as it normally is when I take off. Dont my flight logs say?

Your logs say the battery was at 63% on takeoff. That means you would have seen 3 lights illuminate when you pressed the battery button to check it.

It's best to check the battery level at the top, right of the DJI GO app.

DJIGO.jpg

Im very certain i saw 4 bars. I have many batteries i would have used a different one if it was at 3. What was my voltage all the way up to the crash?

Your voltage was at 12.098V when the log stopped. There are 4 cells in the battery, so that works out to an average of 3V per cell.

So was my voltage good when I took off? Im wondering if the battery just dropped to 3v then dropped.

I was flying my phantom on vacation. I was 300 feet up about 100 feet out. No big deal but i lost signal instantly. It didn't get weak like it normally does when your too far away. It just cut out. Moved my controller to try to get signal. I hear it buzzing out of the sky and into the water. What happened? Will DJI refund me as flyaway if i send my flight log? I have recording up until I lost signal.

Were you able to recover the Phantom?

What is you on the new 1.6.4
In any case I would still contact them and see if this is a classic case that we been dealing with with 1.5.3 a battery shutting off midflight you won't know if they'll work with you unless you try

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers