Phantom 3A loses signal

Reaction score
My Phantom 3A used to have a good signal range. Now, around 1200 feet, the video signal shows weak and the signal is dropped around 1400 feet. Go Home has to be initiated repeatedly, but it does finally come home. Is there a way to test the signal coming from the Phantom? Could an antenna inside the Phantom be at fault? I don't see it being an issue with the controller, but I guess anything is possible. I am on the latest firmware releases, but the issue was happening with the other releases. It also happens with two of my tablets and my Samsung Note 5 smartphone. Anyone have any ideas on the cause?

Faulty antenna will give range of about 200-300'. Faulty means practically no antenna on the bird. You seem to have extreme noise on the channel you selected.

I looked at the channel selection and it is in Auto and all the channels are red except for channel 13. I live on a farm. I do have wireless cameras, but I can think of nothing else that could cause such bad signals on almost all the channels. I had all the same setup with cameras when it did work pretty good a while back. Even if I walk 600 feet away, the signal is still weak at around 1000 feet from me. There is a power line bringing power to me about a 100 yards from my takeoff spot, but when I say I walk about 600 feet away, it is away from the power line.

@NEWBeeWithPhantom I'am having the same issue I used to use my old gs4 which worked great could get around 12k feet out with no problem then I switch to the fancy new gs7 edge and the same thing happens as you. I can only get around 1200 feet and every time during the flight I get a firmware update required then signal loss out of no where and finally the app crashes, I initiate return to home and everything is fine when I re launch the app. I will try to update as my phantom and controller are both on like 1.4 or 1.5. I also have never crashed my phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic