Phantom 3

MDR

Reaction score
Ok, ladies and gentleman.
Going to upgrade from a P2 to a P3. Question is, P3 Advanced ? Or P3 Pro?
Appears the only difference is in the camera. Is the video quality anything the human eye can actually see?

Get a P3 advance ....

There are loads of threads asking the same question. I jumped from a vision to a vision +, to a P3 within 2 weeks and should have just gone straight to P3A. Immediately obvious is only needing a slightest touch of stick to be hovering at 6ft. Rarer thank giving it a handful on the P2V. The camera is a bit of a bone of contention. I don't have a 4k TV, YouTube is 4k compatible but from what I here it compresses 4k uploads ... so 4k for me wasn't really useful

P3P is what I would recommend. I shoot in 4K and downscale to 1080p. Looks so much better than shooting plain 1080p due to a thing called chroma sub-sampling.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Worth it for this alone. And you get a faster charger ;)

Good to know about the faster charger, did not know that !

P3P is what I would recommend. I shoot in 4K and downscale to 1080p. Looks so much better than shooting plain 1080p due to a thing called chroma sub-sampling.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Worth it for this alone. And you get a faster charger ;)

You will get more chroma information shooting in 4k but you also get more compressing due to the 60mbs vs 40mbs in 1080p so shooting in HD will have less compression artifacts.

Reactions: Trumple
You will get more chroma information shooting in 4k but you also get more compressing due to the 60mbs vs 40mbs in 1080p so shooting in HD will have less compression artifacts.

Very true - and the artefacts are noticeable, particularly the regular "pulsing" effect

You can crop 4K video down to smaller sizes, and still have HD, when editing with Premiere or iMovie. That would, in my opinion, the major advantage. As others have mentioned, larger sizes have more digital information, which is always good. But some of that gets lost when compressed down to 1080 or 720 anyway, and even more-so if watched on small mobile devices or monitors. But I'll stick with my original position that editing works best with the most digital information!

Thank you for some technical details that I was prompted to look into. Good things to know !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers