Phantom 3 wont start?

Reaction score
After not using my Phantom 3 for the winter, I charged the batteries up today for an evening flight to find that pulling the joysticks down would not start the motors. The only way the motors will start is through the app."auto take off" Any ideas why I can't start it without the app? I did have to do the latest firmware update before my flight.

After not using my Phantom 3 for the winter, I charged the batteries up today for an evening flight to find that pulling the joysticks down would not start the motors. The only way the motors will start is through the app."auto take off" Any ideas why I can't start it without the app? I did have to do the latest firmware update before my flight.

Sounds like perhaps you need to do a controller stick calibration.

I am adding this here because i had the same problem today all systems go ready to fly green, vidoe everything looks perfect but joysticks would not start the drone motors.

Calibrating the joysticks FIXED it for me. I never did that before but it resolved my issue. Bird took right off after that. It is on the same page int eh app as teh Link RC but above it. Will prompt you to shut down the bird before taking joysticks through all ranges of motion . WORKS!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20