Phantom 3 won't climb higher that 350 feet?

Reaction score
Hello, I have had my phantom 3 standard for several months and it has worked flawlessly. I am touring with my band and took the drone with us to document some of the travels. Well tonight we are in Provo Utah and got the bird out to fly around and it won't go past 350 feet vertically. Is it possible that the city has some sort of geofence in place? I checked to make sure I wasn't in beginner mode.

Last edited:
Did you by chance set the limit to 350 feet? Did you change the home point later to another place at a lower altitude?

Is there any major airport nearby?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello, I have had my phantom 3 standard for several months and it has worked flawlessly. I am touring with my band and took the drone with us to document some of the travels. Well tonight we are in Provo Utah and got the bird out to fly around and it won't go past 350 feet vertically. Is it possible that the city has some sort of geofence in place? I checked to make sure I wasn't in beginner mode.
That sounds a lot like the Altitude limit id set at about 100 metres.
Check the app with the Phantom connected to confirm.
There's no way that anywhere has some sort of force field to keep you below a certain limit.

Did you by chance set the limit to 350 feet? Did you change the home point later to another place at a lower altitude?

Is there any major airport nearby?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I asked around and it looks like there is a stadium pretty close, I am guessing it was that. I didnt change any setting so hopefully when we are in Phoenix tomorrow I can film the beautiful scenery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic