Phantom 3 with Litchi app

Yes I just stuffed up.
Was trying to find out if anybody has come across same problem
Running Litchi with magic leash and both devices pair fine but walk away with second device and phantom starts to follow and rapidly flys back to where controller is . Keep walking and phantom gets really confused and jerks back and forwards from both devices but only moves around a foot.
Tried different setting on both devices like only gps and then gps wifi and no different.
Devices are Tab A on controller and S7 second device .
Cheers for any replies

Follow me and track like systems are not so reliable so be careful while using them.

Thanks . I know they are not the best but I will still be the one holding the controller while the second device somebody else will have if I can get it to work.
Cheers

Thanks . I know they are not the best but I will still be the one holding the controller while the second device somebody else will have if I can get it to work.
Cheers
Follow me needs good GPS all the time and you know that every device will have a location for GPS hardware and we should ensure that that hardware has direct access to clear sky. You should use an app to check how many GPS it's seeing. Also never cover the GPS hardware with hand or any metal. Also check if your device has glonass too.

Thanks again . Have Samsung S7 as second device . Blue sky and 17+ satellites. It follows the controller perfectly but as mentioned gets confused when you activate Magic Leash , its as though the controller is the one it is following and it shows paired and on second device.

Follow me needs good GPS all the time and you know that every device will have a location for GPS hardware and we should ensure that that hardware has direct access to clear sky. You should use an app to check how many GPS it's seeing. Also never cover the GPS hardware with hand or any metal. Also check if your device has glonass too.
An app like this ok? (UAV Forecast) I love it...
1462440305657.jpg
1462440333018.jpg

UAV Forecast is great! You can set parameters for airports and all, will give you the OK or not if you can fly. As the screenshot above did not recommend to fly because of low temparature... One VERY important, the Kp rating, that can screw up your GPS big time.

I load it every time before a flight in case I missed something.

Kp Index and what it is...

I use UVA to check flying conditions for the day at locations I'm driving to which can be quite a distance to waste if conditions are or will be bad.

I never used this app. What do you use it for?

My point for Follow me mode was that your mobile device should see 10-15 GPS satellites for good accuracy and reliability. I know old devices catch only 3-4 satellites which is not enough.
I use it primarily for wind speed and visible satellites. It also tells me where NFZ,s are. Somebody suggested it so I tried it out. So far I really like it. I got it from somebody on here.

UAV Forecast is great! You can set parameters for airports and all, will give you the OK or not if you can fly. As the screenshot above did not recommend to fly because of low temparature... One VERY important, the Kp rating, that can screw up your GPS big time.

I load it every time before a flight in case I missed something.

Kp Index and what it is...
I absolutely love it!!!

What app is that? looks interesting
It's called UAV forecast. I don't fly without it! Being kind of new to the site I haven't talked about it much. Didn't want to stand out as "the noob" . I figured everyone had it already . I run the app on android. Unsure if IOS has it or not. It tells us many things including wind speed, number of satellites, and NFZ,s..check it out. Highly worth it..read other posts on here. Apparently others have it too ;)

I travel a 500 mile radius out of Wisconsin all week long . Always looking for that one good shot with my P3P. This App helps me plan my day around work lol
Read what BIGS wrote about kp..VERY INTERESTING and important!!!!

1462464838147.jpg

It's called UAV forecast. I don't fly without it! Being kind of new to the site I haven't talked about it much. Didn't want to stand out as "the noob" . I figured everyone had it already . I run the app on android. Unsure if IOS has it or not. It tells us many things including wind speed, number of satellites, and NFZ,s..check it out. Highly worth it..read other posts on here. Apparently others have it too ;)

They have it for iOS also. :)

Reactions: meissner58
Not to kill the post and opologize if I am but I seriously found an awesome open area to fly. I pulled into a huge parking lot in the middle of no where. Got out with backpack in hand . Clicked on App to check conditions/area annnnnd ...This pulled up!...ughh!!! Bummer ..it was a beautiful area..right next to a small airport haha!
I was originally in the pink area on map..I since moved to a different location . Just screen shot the map

Attachments

• 1462468241071.jpg
    1462468241071.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 1462468331627.jpg
    1462468331627.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 285

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads