Phantom 3 Upgraded, RC Won't

Reaction score
Evening Guys,

Im after some help, I got my Phantom 3 back in May last year and due to a lot of people saying not too I hadn't upgraded the firmware that it shipped with.

Since last July I haven't used her for one reason or another and today was the day that I finally got to fly. I figured I would need an upgrade so I downloaded the 1.06 firmware from DJI and upgraded the Phantom, it took longer than the stated 15 minutes (more like 20-25) but I figured it was because it had a bit of work to do there.

I've now tried to update the RC and having no luck, the thing just wont read my memory sticks at all. The light just sits on red.

To further frustrate me when opening the latest version of the DJI GO app (hoping I could upgrade its firmware via that - to no avail) the "Camera" option only comes up on the P3 Standard, when I go to professional it just the "how to connect" message.

Been pulling my hair out for the last 2 hours and I really need some help, was so looking forward to finally flying again and I've been cut down.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks for you time,

Brad

Which version of the firmware is installed on your remote controller now?

No. You need to check in DJI GO.

The reason I'm asking is because 1.3.2 must be manually installed on the RC if you haven't already installed it (see more details here). All versions after that can only be installed from DJI GO.

No. You need to check in DJI GO.

The reason I'm asking is because 1.3.2 must be manually installed on the RC if you haven't already installed it (see more details here). All versions after that can only be installed from DJI GO.

I tried to install that version but to no avail, the remote just won't pick up the stick and install from it.

Okay. Let's start at the start then. Check the current version and report back :)

Okay. Let's start at the start then. Check the current version and report back :)

Ok, so I can't see it.

Basically, I cant connect to the camera when selecting "Phantom 3 professional" I can only connect to the camera when I select "Phantom 3 Standard" but when I do , it says "disconnected" when it launches.

i was hoping I would be able to see the firmware or upgrade the RC by selecting P3 Standard but it doesn't seem possible.

Heres an image when the app launches and I've selected P3 standard.

Attachments

• IMG_0223.PNG
    IMG_0223.PNG
    584.1 KB · Views: 403
Try installing the latest version of DJI GO.

Are you sure you have the right BIN on your memory card reader? Do you see a TXT file on your memory card after attempting to install the firmware?

Last edited:
I downloaded the 1.3.2 from here - DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

I then extract and put the .bin straight onto the stick, with the RC off I then plug that into the USB port on the back and then power up. From there my RC light stays red, not a blue light in sight.

No .txt files after - but I think thats because it isn't doing anything.

Any difference if you try installing 1.2.6?

ok, so nope. Apparently that doesn't make a difference either.

I think I'm going to cry now. haha.

EDIT* - I left it on and now I have a beep every few seconds happening. Light still red though. Does this mean anything or just a warning that I've left it on not connected to anything?

Got another memory card reader to try? And, maybe try another memory card too.

t
Got another memory card reader to try? And, maybe try another memory card too.

Im using a memory stick as I don't have a card reader to USB. I've tried 3 but it hasn't made a difference.

Can I try Micro SD from the Phantom and plug to controller into that?

Can I try Micro SD from the Phantom and plug to controller into that?
Yes, you can put the memory card in the gimbal and connect a USB cable from the gimbal to your remote controller.

Nope this hasn't worked, in fact its strange.

I tried the 1.02 software and the light on the remote went instantly green. So i left it a few moments and then I powered down and upon putting the micro SD back into my mac it had a .txt file which stated I couldn't downgrade.

Since then I have tried 2 newer firmware files and both times the light instantly went green but neither time have I had a .txt file after disconnecting??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31