Phantom 3 Transmitter Range In Europe

P

PaulW

Due to EU regulations transmitter power allowed is less in the EU than say USA.

Previously you could control this via the transmitter - and select whether you wanted low power or high power ( and increased range )

I heard that the Phantom 3 this is automatically set based on GPS position and I'm not sure you can override this.

In which case what does this mean for the transmitter range? 2km may well be only outside Europe - I'm struggling to find out what it might be in Europe?

Thanks for the links!

Looks like it is set to CE mode by GPS.

This could mean the Phantom 3 has only slightly more range than the 2+ when the 2+ is set to FCC mode.

Which is disappointing - though obviously the Phantom 3 has lots of other good features.

It'll be interesting to see how the range pans out in practice.

Glad I didn't rush out and replace my 2+ just yet....

Many reports have come in with very long range distances even in CE mode, ie battery life being more of a distance limitation than anything. So in a clean environment you have nothing to worry about.

I got 4070 meters today, going against a 10mph ish wind. Turned around at 65% battery, still had 44% battery left when I got back.
control signal was full bars and FPV was down by a bar or two. FPV was perfect all the way.

By far the best phantom I've ever owned

Still on stock antennas. FPVLR antennas still in box :)

I got 4070 meters today, going against a 10mph ish wind. Turned around at 65% battery, still had 44% battery left when I got back.
control signal was full bars and FPV was down by a bar or two. FPV was perfect all the way.

By far the best phantom I've ever owned

Still on stock antennas. FPVLR antennas still in box :)
But are you in Europe or outside it?

Just clicked on your profile and saw you are in Wales. That's great news and thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the links!

Looks like it is set to CE mode by GPS.

This could mean the Phantom 3 has only slightly more range than the 2+ when the 2+ is set to FCC mode.

Which is disappointing - though obviously the Phantom 3 has lots of other good features.

It'll be interesting to see how the range pans out in practice.

Glad I didn't rush out and replace my 2+ just yet....

PaulW

The P3 is going to beat the stock P2 anytime CE or not. Lightbridge goes miles and I mean miles instead of the wifi. I realise that with antenna mods you can get extended range on the P2 but P3 out of the box is going to go so far you are going to want to turn back before your signal runs out as you will not make it back as the battery will run out.

Thanks Mohan,

All the feedback from other owners convinced me! My P3 advanced arrives Monday hopefully.

Its certainly a major upgrade over the P2

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic