Phantom 3 - the panorama machine

Vaguely and to William Morris, the designer and artist. One of my relatives, Joseph Nash who was a prolific and accomplished artists taught Queen Victoria to paint. I can't even draw a straight line...lol.

Last edited:
Ahh the Pre-Raphaelite Morris. Love his work. My mom was a 2nd cousin to T.E. Lawrence but that is all I have for my claim to fame heh.

Assuming with the P3 Pro that, by using video mode at 4k, there would be no need to take individual stills row by row, if each frame is such a high definition?

Assuming with the P3 Pro that, by using video mode at 4k, there would be no need to take individual stills row by row, if each frame is such a high definition?
The extracted still frames from the 4K video are generally only 4 MB, while individual photos can be 12 MB RAW files. Lots more data to use for a large panorama for printing by shooting as still images, even if the still images are only .jpg's. Video extraction also requires that your video frames aren't ripped and blurry from camera movement while rotating, or using an ND filter for a cinematic effect at a low shutter speed of 1/50th. It can work, however, if you do it properly.

Twenty to thirty percent on each side.
20% and your risking disappointment when stitching, particularly when shooting at reasonably wide FOV (the lens is ok but does have distortion at the frame edges) and there is a significant change in the nodal point when pitching and yawning between frames.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj