Phantom 3 Support Group?

Reaction score
I am beginning to think I need to find a support group because this P3 thing is starting to get out of hand.

Three P3P's and one trusty P3S.

Show us your birds!

Should we exchange phone numbers so if someone gets the itch to buy another one we will have someone to call for help.

20160713_205939.jpg

Reactions: Droneted
I am beginning to think I need to find a support group because this P3 thing is starting to get out of hand.

Three P3P's and one trusty P3S.

Show us your birds!

Should we exchange phone numbers so if someone gets the itch to buy another one we will have someone to call for help.

View attachment 59695
just don't tell your wife

I know this is a stupid question, but why so many? What situations are there that you need multiple birds? I can understand having a backup just in case the worst happens, but why else? Really I am just looking for justifications for me to get my second, so any excuses you can give me would be appreciated :)

I have one for night flying with leds on it one for distance and fun and another for giggles and little one for indoors
20160427_164453.jpg

I know this is a stupid question, but why so many? What situations are there that you need multiple birds? I can understand having a backup just in case the worst happens, but why else? Really I am just looking for justifications for me to get my second, so any excuses you can give me would be appreciated :)
It wasn't planned, I hope you can follow my thinking.

I had a P3S and bought a second standard for backup. Then I bought a P3P with 3 flights on it used two weeks ago on Saturday, the next day I bought another pro for a backup and sold one standard.

I figured I would keep the original trusty standard to let a friend fly so I had someone to fly with. But today I bought another used pro. Now I plan to sell the trusty standard and use the latest pro for a friend to fly. Now i need to find said friend. ;)

Reactions: Pharm
I crashed my first P3P and when sent it in, was warned that it could take at least 2 months (back when DJI was moving their repair facilities in California), so I said "screw that" and bought another one while waiting.

I now use the older one (with the older motors and I think the older generation shell) for more risky operations.

<moreJustification>Also, having more than one of the same model means you can share chargers and batteries between them.</moreJustification>

Reactions: telescott
I have one for night flying with leds on it one for distance and fun and another for giggles and little one for indoors View attachment 59696

@flpholt, do you have any trouble with the LEDs coming loose? I have some LEDs but haven't installed them yet in fear of them coming off.. Was thinking of using gorilla 2 sided tape around the arm ends to help secure. Any advice?

No, he has a string of external LEDs wrapped around the outside.. Zoom in on the standard P3 and you'll see them (on the right)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Droneted
My addiction is just drones in general...

2 Aeirus mini drones
Syma X5C-1
Microdrone 3.0
Phantom 2 Non-Vision
Phantom 3 Pro
Scratch built F450
Scratch built Robocat 270
Scratch built Hellbender 122
Got parts but haven't started Goby 180

I think that's all of them.... lol...

Reactions: telescott
nope lights are fun