phantom 3 sunshade

I went with the anbee sunshade off Amazon.
They Have a couple youtube videos. Looks to be pretty good quality. Uses velcro to attach he sides. Has suction cups but the guy said they don't use them they just put it inside the holder and put them ipad air2 inside of that
Says it's pretty tight but it works great. Came out to like 13 buck shipped
Will let you guys know the quality and if I find any problems with it when I get it in the mail.

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Mauk
Slides on, pretty snuggly.
285c3cf9f2af49a417751bbce4f32af9.jpg

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Thanks that is nice.

I bought one last week, but I don't think it's any use for two reasons. Firstly, when the iPad is in the holder, there's not much lip left over. When you add the sunshade on, it just makes the whole package very thick and the iPad isn't held in place at all firmly. But that might be to do with the design of the one I bought.

However, secondly (and more importantly) it just doesn't work (for me). The angle that you want the iPad to be at means that it will be looking up at the sky all the time and therefore reflecting the sky back.

I tried mine on Saturday but TBH, I don't think I'd use it again. In reality, you'd need something like a dark towel behind your head to block out the sky. Unless you hold the controller up very high, I can't see it working. But then there is little control for flying with the Tx up high.

I find that my iPhone 6 is really good in bright sunlight so that's what I'm going to use when it's sunny.

Guys, sorry to say... these all look very clean and nice but, they all seem very short, like the height. Of course only practice can tell, but the padhat I been using seems a lot bigger and envelops the ipad. Basically you stick your face in the opening, the sun doesn't even get close to the screen.

JohnK, do you have experience with the padhat? Did you get the magnetic version or velcro.
I've got the Padhat for my iPad Mini 3. As I have a magnetic Smart case that covers the back I got the one with Velcro strip for the back. The tabs that are supposed to stick to the glass comes loose a lot when I'm moving about.
So I intend to add the Velcro (supplied with it) to those tabs & attach to back of case like I have on the main rear horizontal piece.
I LOVE how effective the hood is for viewing the screen. And that its cloth construction make it real easy to pack a where.

Well I got the Padhat, to be honest it works but my wife and I need to do a little work before it will fit the way I want. I realize they didn't make it for the P3P but they also market it for UAV Drones, with the iPad Air 2 I have to cut the magnetic bar so that it goes on each side of the tablet holder. I also agree that the velcro version would be the best solution, my wife just wasn't crazy about having velcro on her new iPad! The Padhat also lets a little light in around the base where it makes contact with the iPad.

That was my point, with the velcro version you can even use a light case to protect your ipad too and stick the velcro in the case. With the mini if fits perfectly, no light at all. I never carry my ipad without a case, Ive seen too many broken screens.

I've got the Padhat for my iPad Mini 3. As I have a magnetic Smart case that covers the back I got the one with Velcro strip for the back. The tabs that are supposed to stick to the glass comes loose a lot when I'm moving about.
So I intend to add the Velcro (supplied with it) to those tabs & attach to back of case like I have on the main rear horizontal piece.
I LOVE how effective the hood is for viewing the screen. And that its cloth construction make it real easy to pack a where.
I'm totally unimpressed with the padhat. Its too flimsy, no cut out for the clamp, and the angle of the hood blocks view of the screen, it's way too steep. The little sticky tabs on the side are worthless imo. And I'm not going to put Velcro on my mini, that's why I ordered the magnet type, to avoid ruining my iPad with Velcro. Just dumb.

I'm totally unimpressed with the padhat. Its too flimsy, no cut out for the clamp, and the angle of the hood blocks view of the screen, it's way too steep. The little sticky tabs on the side are worthless imo. And I'm not going to put Velcro on my mini, that's why I ordered the magnet type, to avoid ruining my iPad with Velcro. Just dumb.

Sorry to hear that. The velcro is good if you have a case to attach the glue to. The one that goes on the screen leaves no residue. Comparing with an inspire 1 stock dji sunshade I found that the pad hat is a lot better in blocking the sun.

Does anyone know where I can order a dji sunshade for an iPad air 2?

I want to order it from somewhere in the states. I don't want to order from overseas.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
You can buy the same sunshade on eBay for $9. you just need to wait for a month for it to arrive. They are all made in China.

I use a 10" monitor sunshade, holds well with velcro at the right places. Still not ideal as a sunshade with the ipad but I wonder what is anyway. So I bought a black blanket for the situations where accurate exposure is critical, and this works perfectly.

Ok so I got the anbee 10 shade off amazon.
First impressions were a plus. Looks great, has suction cups. Felt like nice quality.
Is working for now. Has already warped in the Florida heat tho. Gonna use it till someone shows me a better option.
13 bucks sort of a waste

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers