Phantom 3 std, camera is hot.

Reaction score
I on the AC and the RC.
After sometime, the camera is hot. Is this normal.

If you leave AC on for sometime and not actually flying it, the camera will get warm.

This is normal and why quite a few people like me - have a fan blowing on the gimbal and camera when powered up not flying.
I put together a platform with a 5v PC fan fitted to it. Platform is just large enough for P3 to stand on it with fan blowing upward.

Heat is no friend of electronics as far as I am concerned.

Nigel

This warm-up I do not like too.But I believe that the comrades of Dji have a good count.

Whether it damages camera / card / gimbal etc. or not - I feel that such heat is undesirable.

We demand lightweight, compact units - but high resolution / operation and this as with Computers drives up temps when working. Computers have fans and vents to try combat it. The P3 has nothing except in the body itself. The camera and gimbal rely on airflow round them while flying. When we power up on the ground and have it sitting there without airflow - I think it can do no harm to have a waft of air from a fan. In my view - Better safe than sorry !!

Here is a simple 5V PC fan stand for keeping that camera 'happy' ....

It may seem overkill ... but its all that's needed ... a $2 fan, a 4cell NiMh pack and a bit of foam or ply ...

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan