Phantom 3 Standart firmware upgrade failed(1.6.80). HELP please cry :'(

Reaction score
Hi. I have bought P3S and make firmware upgrade. Everything was ok. And now after 15 days I got a message an my phone that i need to upgrade. So I pressed start. In show me 20% and in 2 minutes "upgrade failed" here is a log from SD card
"

========== 2016.07.25 20:59:16 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2016.08.08 18:37:35 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
"
So, my phone showed me that new firmware is (1.6.80) why it is V99.99.9999 at the SD card.
And after a reboot it does not show inteligent modes. If i press F-GPS mode at my RC so it is shown at my phone. But inteligent modes as it was earlier. Help me please.

I have a Standard too, and I had issues changing the firmware from the SD card. I called DJI tech support and they said the Standard has to be upgraded via the app DJI GO. I don't have the notes on how to do this, but you can find it on their help page, or call them.

All is not lost!
Hope that helps.

Hi,

As far as I know, the v99.999 firmware on the SD card is the last firmware downloaded to the drone by the DJI Go application.

You can also download the firmware directly to the SD card and force install the firmware.
See the following post: Manual Downgrade Phantom 3 Standard (for FW 1.6.80 issue).

However, please note that according to many posts here (and my experience as well), firmware v 1.6.80 is a total crap, and created RC and WIFI problems to a lot of people (for example, losing video signal after 30m of flight). My suggestion-avoid this firmware upgrade.

Good luck.

O.P. there's already tons of the SAME posts already started. Use your search up top and u can jump right in

Dji go app has a tutorial video on exactly how to do update, it's easy. Connect your phone to your home wifi then hit start. It will upload update to your device. When done, disconnect from home wifi and reconnect to your bird and hit start. Then it will download from your device to your bird!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did it this way with 1.6.80 when I first got my bird and took out of the box. I've had absolutely no issues and have flown up to 4700' so far. Stock antenna's

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd