PHantom 3 standard wuz drifting on range test... why ?

Reaction score
so guy's,

As you can see on the flight controls the aircraft wus drifting why is this ? before i lost wifi controle it gave an compas error did not toughs the right controle stick but the craft drifted like 200 meters or more ... i wuz then hoping RTH would kick in as it did but is this normal?

yes i calibrate compas evrytime before flight and fresh batterys
i wus not in atti mode

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Maybe it has something to do with the location? Compass error normally indicates some kind of strong magnetic field, or something disrupting the earth magnetic field. Ofcourse it is also possible the compass is just broken, but combined with the other problems like loosing video/telemetry, i strongly suspect the location.

I know that area, and always fly at the other side of the lake and never had these problems. My P3S did loose once (many times in a very short period) its GPS, but that was when i flew my P3A very close to it. So apparently it is all very sensitive, and where you fly there are buildings (wifi?), a water company (maybe high capacity pumps or other equipment) and high voltage electricity lines.

We should test it at the other side of the lake, with two P3S, to see if there is any difference in performance?

Maybe it has something to do with the location? Compass error normally indicates some kind of strong magnetic field, or something disrupting the earth magnetic field. Ofcourse it is also possible the compass is just broken, but combined with the other problems like loosing video/telemetry, i strongly suspect the location.

I know that area, and always fly at the other side of the lake and never had these problems. My P3S did loose once (many times in a very short period) its GPS, but that was when i flew my P3A very close to it. So apparently it is all very sensitive, and where you fly there are buildings (wifi?), a water company (maybe high capacity pumps or other equipment) and high voltage electricity lines.

We should test it at the other side of the lake, with two P3S, to see if there is any difference in performance?
yes im down ill pm you

so guy's,

As you can see on the flight controls the aircraft wus drifting why is this ? before i lost wifi controle it gave an compas error did not toughs the right controle stick but the craft drifted like 200 meters or more ... i wuz then hoping RTH would kick in as it did but is this normal?

yes i calibrate compas evrytime before flight and fresh batterys
i wus not in atti mode

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hello,

"compas evrytime"?

Check This Out.
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

On your playback I couldn't see if the Phantom was in Atti mode or not, nor could I see how many satellites where locked, if not enough satellites the phantom switches automatically to Atti.

"lost wifi controle" ?
What I could see you didn't loose WiFi because you have your flight log, loose WiFi the flight log will stop and another will begin when it is reconnected. The craft was still picking your remote, because you were still changing the direction of it, if not the flight log would have not had the data. Since the craft was still receiving the remote the RTH wont activate.

Chat on RTH stuff,
Best Method to RTH?

More on RTH and loosing signals,
Lost signal (but not really)

Rod
:)

Hello,

"compas evrytime"?

Check This Out.
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

On your playback I couldn't see if the Phantom was in Atti mode or not, nor could I see how many satellites where locked, if not enough satellites the phantom switches automatically to Atti.

"lost wifi controle" ?
What I could see you didn't loose WiFi because you have your flight log, loose WiFi the flight log will stop and another will begin when it is reconnected. The craft was still picking your remote, because you were still changing the direction of it, if not the flight log would have not had the data. Since the craft was still receiving the remote the RTH wont activate.

Chat on RTH stuff,
Best Method to RTH?

More on RTH and loosing signals,
Lost signal (but not really)

Rod
:)
no i was not in atti mode but i was in ioc mode i see my dat that it was going automaticly int o atti sometimes is this good ?
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Wow, I will look closer later, mode changed to WiFi reconnect, haven't been using HD in a while.

Rod

I see why I haven't been using HD, sorry I just don't get the WiFi reconnect thing, I'm going to have to upload some of my newest flights to HD to see what they now look like.

Hope you looked / read some of my links, from what it looked like in your flight videos looked like a very bad place to fly via interference.

Take up your neighbor @Phantomic thoughts and area, the only thing else I had thought of was the wind.

I just looked at your log again at 12 mins 2 secs you were in Atti mode, so yes your Phantom was not using GPS, and was just drifting with the wind.

Rod

BTW, this relay irritates me..
Free online DJI GO & Litchi flight log viewer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.