Phantom 3 Standard won't start

Reaction score
I have been flying my Phantom 2 Vision + and loving it. I haven't had any problems and decided to upgrade to the Phantom 3 Standard, but, I can't get the Phantom to start. I don't have the app as my iPad will not support the new DJI Go App, but I thought I would just take it for it's first flight. I was testing the motors in doors, props off, before I took it outside to fly it, so the compass was not calibrated. I know it can be flown it ATTI mode so I didn't think not have the compass calibrated would be an issue. Do I need to have the App in order to start the Phantom? Is there something in the app to activate the quadcopter? I had no problem with my Phantom 2 Vision +, but this one does not seem to work the same way. I am a new pilot but an experienced photographer / videographer and thought a flying camera is the next step.

Any advice
Thanks

So basically the Phantom 3 Standard will not fly for the first time at all without the app? I have the same problem. No motor start, phone is compatible with the go app but no WiFi network is showing up.

That's correct. The Phantom 3 Standard has to be activated before it will fly and the only way to do that is through the app. If you do not activate it, nothing will happen. The motors will not start. Activating or registering it activates the WIFI and then you will get a signal.
If you read the reply from "msinger" follow that. I did and my P3S fly beautifully.

Last edited:
That's correct. The Phantom 3 Standard has to be activated before it will fly and the only way to do that is through the app. If you do not activate it, nothing will happen. The motors will not start. Activating or registering it activates the WIFI and then you will get a signal.
If you read the reply from "msinger" follow that. I did and my P3S fly beautifully.
How do you activate it through the app? I have the app, I'm registered and there's no activation thing on it. What am I missing? I feel so stupid.

The app says I need firmware v1.1.30 for the phantom 3 standard. there is no firmware on the download page of the standard.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4