Phantom 3 Standard WiFi + DataPlan

Reaction score
Hi!

I got my first Phantom 3 Standard about a week ago. Since then i've had 3 runs with it, and it runs just great. A couple of questions crossed my mind, that i didn't find answers with google.

-How can i use my mobilephone data plan while WiFi is enabled and connected to the controller (Phone: Sony Xperia Z2)? I mean downloading maps while flying.

-And it says on the box "Youtube live Vertified". Partially relate to the first question, because wihtout dataplan it's quite impossiple to broadcast..

Thanks

I have an Xperia Z3 Dual.

On your first question, I don't think the Xperia can be both connected to WiFi and cellular data at the same time. What I usually do is to first connect to my cellular plan and cache the map in the app. Just zoom in and out of your immediate vicinity. Once cached, connect to your Phantom network and the map data will still be there.

I don't have an answer for your second question. I know the Xperia will automatically disconnect cellular data whenever it's connected to WiFi... it doesn't matter if the WiFi has internet access or not. It's draconian and I wish Sony would've left an option to force the data plan connection to persist.

Thanks for responsing!

So it seems it's not possible to stream via android device correct? My Z2, Wifes Samsung A3 nor my Galaxy Tab 4 can't hadle WiFi and Cellular at the same time. And still they market P3S as "Youtube live Vertified" device.

With what requirements? What do i need to broadcast?

You either need a device with cellular data available (and enabled), or a device with 2 simultaineous wi-fi connections (one connected to a network with internet available, one connected to the controller). Not sure they make that. You might be able to tether (Bluetooth) to a device (like a phone) set up as a hotspot...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4