Phantom 3 Standard went crazy during 1.8.10 update

Reaction score
Wow, this ruined my day. I flew my 3 Std around for about an hour, and everything was awesome. Landed and noticed a F/W update waiting to 1.8..10. I thought, what the heck, and did the update. What a mistake! During the update the camera started twitching violently up and down, and the update hung at 20%. After about 5 minutes I got a message that the update failed. When I tried running the update again, the lights would not blink and the normal beeping was replaced by a "horn" sound, that sounded quite like the emergency klazon they use in movies when a nuclear reator is going to blow up. I tried a couple more times, then even tried reloading older code on the SIM card and doing an update that way. As of now I an stuck and quite frustrated that this happened to my perfectly good drone. Any suggestions?

Try again and leave it for awhile. Mine took half hour with that loud horn sound and jumped from 40% back to 20% back to 40,didnt move from 40 for awhile and the just shot up the %'s and finished. My thoughts anyway

Same here: first attempt failed, second one (with the loud sound) eventually went through. Apparently it's quite common, many people reported the same problem with 1.8.10.

Thanks guys! I will try that and let you know. Did you get the camera gimbal going crazy as well?

It definitely moved, but I don't recall to what degree. In any case, you don't have any other options than let it do whatever it needs to... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen