Phantom 3 Standard - Video Range - Signal Lost (following DBS modding)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm sorry to post regarding this issue again, but I'm out of ideas.

I bought this P3S drone in Hong Kong 2 months ago. Immediately during my first flight out of beginner mode, I encountered signal loss of the video (meaning 2.4 wifi, not the RC signal).

I tried to downgrade the firmware to 1.5.70 (now on 1.5.7+) tried older DJI Go app version, tried sidewinder (a Chinese cheepo), used the DJIUpdate (by Papa Tita) increasing the dbm to 20-27dbm) and now bought and installed the DBS MOD for P3S.

Still, I lose the signal following not more than 100m, even when the drone is hovering above my head.

Since I'm living in Hong Kong, the shipping costs to Hong Kong and back for repair are too high, and in any event I read in this forum that a lot of people sent their drone for repair and got it back with the same problem. So, I installed the DBS MOD, and now the warranty is gone anyway.

Any ideas other than throwing it away?

Thanks

Just an ideas, remove from beginner mode. That will expand the range for sure.
Have a good flight!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Wow! Great idea. You are a genius!!! How didn't I think of it myself?

I installed DBS mod myself, hacked CE to FCC, downgraded firmware, but forgot it is still in beginner mode!

So no, in beginner mode you don't lose video signal, the drone just stop flying away!

This is not the problem...

Might be inference from buildings, power lines, mobile towers,trees etc..try from a isolated area if you can.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl